[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

playing Maple tanks other applications

UserRedUserRed
Reactions: 1,590
edited July 2018 in Tech Support
So recently I have been experiencing a problem where whenever I play Maple the performance of all other open applications, such as Discord and Chrome, go down like crazy. There's at least a second of lag when trying to scroll on Discord and Chrome cannot load any new pages.
hKMIth6.png?1

Comments

• NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited July 2018
    My Chrome runs fine alongside Maple. I also tend to have something like 10+ tabs open at any given time.

I have, however, encountered problems lately where Chrome was lagging my computer significantly. Ultimately I was able to fix these with a full shutdown of my computer:
    Open the command prompt program, type "shutdown /s", and wait about 10 seconds before turning the computer on again.
  • UserRedUserRed
    edited July 2018
    I've taken a look at my Task Manager and I've noticed that MapleStory eats 75-80% of my CPU. Is this normal and is there any way I can fix this? I also did the full shutdown thing.
  • UserRedUserRed
    edited July 2018
    Hey I think I fixed it. I think it was because I accidentally uninstalled one of my graphics drivers.