[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[Skill] True Arachnid Reflection not activating

HHG1HHG1
Reactions: 5,986
Member, Private Tester
edited July 2018 in Bug Reporting
rpB9AB8.jpg
cSVXPNg.jpg

Bug type: Skill

Brief bug summary: True Arachnid Reflection (the summon) will sometimes not activate after the first attack stage (Spatial Collapse) is completed.

More details:
Low reproduction rate, happened to me about 1-2 times per hour of actively using the skill off cooldown so I will include as much info as possible since I don't know exactly what causes it.

*Hunting in regular monster maps with several platforms.
*Level 6 True Arachnid Reflection (skill node is level 1, but placed in a level 5 enhanced slot)
*Pet auto-buff active with 2 buffs selected (Cane Booster & Priere D'Aria) <- may have been cast at the same time as True Arachnid Reflection and nullified the second stage due to interruption?
*Ark link-skill (Solus) active <- same theory as above, may have been refreshed at the same time
*Judgement Draw toggled to Auto <- has caused trouble with Tempest in the past, might have been activated at the same time as True Arachnid Reflection was cast

Don't recall if I was on any particular type of rune at the time of the incidents.

Other summon type skills active in the map:
*Inferno Aura (stolen from Fire Poison mage)
*Arrow Blaster (stolen from Bowmaster)
*Ace in the Hole
*Carte Rose Finale

*Kishin Shoukan (cast by kanna character present in the map)

Steps to reproduce:
Cast True Arachnid Reflection
Spatial Collapse will activate, but not the second stage of the skill (the summon and its buff icon) will not

Character name: SadVirgin

Character level: 250

Character job: Phantom

World name: Bera

Date and time of the incident: July 18th, somewhere between 3-7 AM PST

If anyone else has encountered this issue and can offer any input, please do so.

Comments

• MiraMira
    Reactions: 4,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    I can’t offer any reason why it might happen, but can certainly corroborate that for some reason the second half of the skill doesn’t activate for me either. Doesn’t seem to be any rime or reason to it, and as you’ve mentioned it’s rather infrequent, but definitely sucks when it does happen.
    HHG1
  • HHG1HHG1
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    @Mira are you also experiencing it on a phantom? Or do any of the details I listed also apply to your situation?
    Trying to narrow it down.
  • MiraMira
    Reactions: 4,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    I’m experiencing it on a F/P Mage. Would be interesting if Inferno Aura had something to do with it as that’s the only thing I notice we have in common. Otherwise I’m using all the buffs I would normally have on a F/P Mage.
  • HHG1HHG1
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    I've tried to observe it closer and it might be related to whether the first attack (Spatial Collapse) hits enough mobs, or a certain amount of mobs. Like if the spawn is too low, or the density of mobs is too low near you when casting the skill and it 1-shots it it won't activate the second stage of the attack.

Gonna test on bosses after reset and update this post.

---
    Yeah idk if that could be it. Really hard to reproduce 100%. But it's been happening 1-2 times per hour as I'm doing monster collection.