[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Crusader Codex Revamp

EnokumoEnokumo
Reactions: 1,610
edited August 2018 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
(My hopes are very small as this will happen at anytime soon but we can still receive feedback to optimize these ideas)

So some probably liked them in the past, others are annoyed. For me the Crusader Codex is a really cool thing to have in MapleStory but it's a pity to see it's been one of the longest things being broken. And while I made some thoughts about it I'd like to share them with you guys and see if we can actually optimize that concept. For this thread I will cover the Crusader Codex and the Set List. It will NOT include Familiar since this is a different part and less related to the Crusader Codex, for this we got the Revamped Familiars thread to discuss.
Crusader Codex

I think it's no secret this needs an overhaul:
  • Removing old level monster entries or generally removed monsters
  • add new monsters into the list
  • adjust the number count of card you collect (like what is this supposed to mean?: https://derpovic.s-ul.eu/nRPYi9dR.png
  • give all monsters who do not drop their cards anymore: Korean Folk Town, Omega Sector, certain monster who does not drop their card such as SF Ghost Pirate and King Slime.
  • make the drop chance of card harder the higher the level area is. One because you currently get the cards way to fast dropped and second to go conform with the suggestions I made in the Set List part below (please keep reading).

For the informations about monster I'd like this to have a bit updated and adjusted so only main items are listed in the item table:
7oyySS5a.png

You can't get the Boost Potion, Mysterious Boxes, etc. outside of Lab and also it looks like certain other items are either event items or just not obtainable anymore. Please correct me if I am wrong. then certain monsters have '(null)' as type (no idea what does that should mean) and probably are not adjusted well. Also afaik certain monsters shows 'Resource Error!' as habitat which I don't believe this is supposed to be shown, these two things could be considered as bugs instead.

Aside of these things there are multiple other bugs appearing in the CD but they could be fixed naturally in case of actually changing it.

Set Lists

Set List is where things become interesting: As we know we have some sets available that also include potential that benefits to the crusader codex we are wearing with stats. But primaly the Crusader Codex gets its by collecting points - given to completing sets - and by the set effect. The most likely you are using are either Leafre, Dead Mine or Henesys Ruins. As well the highest you currently can get is +8 All Stats alone by completing sets (it shows seven in-game but it's eight actually). So using what we have so far the sets could be extended and improved in a personally very interesting way:

We will differ between two sorts of sets:
The first will provide handy stats respectively to its region and level area (Magatia gives Magic Attack for example, or the starter areas give MaxHP/MP).

The second will have 'weaker' stats compared to the first type but comes with a potential system. The sets can actually have potential similar to regular equipments and be re-rolled until a certain level. Aquarium set could be re-rolled till Epic potential, Henesys Ruins can be re-rolled till Unique, Lachelein can be re-rolled till Legendary. Re-rolling them can be done similar to the idea of the Chaos Ring (x times a week/month).

Over this way I believe sets can be used individually to your character and what you actually require. This can go from Att% over Dodge Chance over Meso/Drop Obtain till IED%. It is by the way not meant to give hilarious stats so these things are moving into an area that are meant to OPTIMIZE your character and give a little boost which can however be adjusted respectively to classes: various classes do not need att/matt% but can benefit by far more if they have +1 attack speed.

Additionally to this idea there are plenty other things I'd like to see changed:
  • add new areas to the set list: all areas in Arcane River and Grandis, as well maybe certain theme dungeons too? such as Fantastic Theme Park.
  • adjust various sets to the respective monsters that exist today: Ludibrium misses Retz whose being removed, Florina Beach is locked, Omega Sector got reworked so half of the monsters do not exist anymore, etc. etc. Additionally monsters from PQs may not be considered for the packs, you can't actually check for now if Papa Pixie drops his card due OPQ being in the Cross World PQ rotation while we have KPQ for now.
  • remove duplicated sets.

The ideas are raw so they could be adjusted by suggestions and posts here? Anyway I think ignoring CD is a bit sad because the idea of collecting cards AND even benefiting from it is pretty cool and a dozen times cooler than relying too much on RNG or stupid Elite Monster like in Monster Collection.

Comments

• Gladius969Gladius969
    Reactions: 900
    edited February 2021
    Honestly I feel like they just keep coming out with new features where old systems they had did the job. The whole idea of a book in which you cataloged monsters was great because of the MapleSTORY part of it. Sad to see that they just abandon components of the game and then just let them die, every time I click on stuff like this in game it makes me upset because I feel like it reflects on a deeper culture of moving to a new flashy thing without make sure the user experience is put above everything.