[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[Feedback] 3rd 5th Job Skill

FuhreakFuhreak
Reactions: 7,440
Member, Private Tester
edited December 2018 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Thought we could use a thread to give feedback on the new 5th job skills here.
Do you like or dislike [Skill name here]?
Do you think it should be tweaked?
Post thoughts here.

For elemental fury, I think the skill is a bit on the weak side. This could be due to the fact that it is only level 1, but even so, I have another problem with the skill.
I think the skill would fill the hole of "mobbing ability" a bit better than "give more bossing to an already great bosser."
Disregarding Kishin (not present in all forms of the game) the skill is only able to kill at best 2 waves of mobs.
Not really the best mobbing skill with a cooldown of 75 seconds... If the focus of the skill isn't mobbing, it's probably bossing.
The skill does seem to do decent enough damage, but feels weak (again, probably just me with it low level) compared to Poison Nova and DoT Punisher.
Even if it does deal decent enough damage, I think F/P mages have enough skills for use in bossing as is.
Ifrit isn't as useful in mobbing as he is in bossing. Being able to turn him into a mobbing skill would have been a nice twist imo.

What do you think? Are you enjoying your new 5th job skills?

Comments

• BeefBeef
    Reactions: 2,560
    edited December 2018
    For Wind Archer's Gale Barrier I think it should be based on the skill uptime instead of the %hp of the barrier itself. It would make keeping up skills less tedious(WA got like 8ish buff to keep up), and it would the class a little stronger and doesn't punish the player for getting hit a lot
    PirateIzzy
  • MiraMira
    Reactions: 4,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2018
    Definitely agree with Fury of Ifrit being an underwhelming training skill. Unless you manage to get a stack of 5 Fervent Drain (which is suuuuuper unlikely when you one-hit all the monsters), the skill only lasts 2 seconds (supposed to last 3/6, but 1 of the seconds is used to 'transform' Ifrit… thanks Nexon.) as opposed to 5 seconds. I will say, however, that Fury of Ifrit is a pretty awesome bossing skill - when doing a test on a dummy, Fury of Ifrit was my 4th highest damaging skill, only losing to Paralyze/Mist Eruption/DoT Punisher. So for something that can only be cast every 75 seconds to do more damage than Inferno Aura/Ifrit/etc is pretty nice. It's a very nice bursting skill for when you're at the end of Infinity/Epic Adventure/Terms and Conditions.

I do think the duration/CD of the skill is the biggest problem. For a skill to last only 2-5 seconds and have a 75 second CD is a huge bummer. Compare that with I/L's Spirit of Snow that lasts for 30 seconds and has a 120 CD - the skill lasts for 1/4 of the CD, whereas F/P's skill lasts 1/12 (or longer) of the CD. That really makes it a feelsbadman skill. It should either last 7-10 seconds, or have a reduced CD to 30-45 seconds. Damage-wise, I think it delivers what it's trying to do and I'm not unhappy at all about the damage.

As for Phantom Blow, it is a very unintuitive skill that does not explain how to use it very well at all. It has taken me a long time to figure out through trial and error, because the skill description itself is useless. First of all, it says the Mark of Phantom is charged by 'cane skills' - what that fails to mention is that there are only 3 cane skills that charge it - Double Entendre (1st job), Blazon Fantome (3rd job), and Mille Aiguilles (4th job). Two of your main attack skills, Tempest and Penombre, do not charge the skill whatsoever, not to mention Rose Carte Finale, the other two 5th job skills, or any of the Impeccable Memory skills. Mille is specifically stated as requiring 5x more hits on a monster than other skills. Now, this would be fine if the counter was continuously running, but it's not - it is dependent on holding down the skill key. If you hit a monster 4-5 times, and then let go of the skill, you now need to redo the 4-5 hits you had before. You need to get 5+ continuous hits on monsters, which is fine when you don't one-shot the monsters. When you do, it becomes an awkward 'should I keep holding the key until I get another Mark of Phantom, or let go and FJ to a new mob and restart?' So, you're either using a subpar skill (Blazon) to charge at a 1/1 ratio, or doing this weird charge with Mille Aiguilles.

The skill itself is really cool, but the charging aspect of it is such a pain in the ass that it makes you almost not want to bother using it.
    Fuhreak
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2018
    Mira wrote: »
    -snip
    I will say, however, that Fury of Ifrit is a pretty awesome bossing skill - when doing a test on a dummy, Fury of Ifrit was my 4th highest damaging skill, only losing to Paralyze/Mist Eruption/DoT Punisher. So for something that can only be cast every 75 seconds to do more damage than Inferno Aura/Ifrit/etc is pretty nice. It's a very nice bursting skill for when you're at the end of Infinity/Epic Adventure/Terms and Conditions.
    -snip-

I figured as much. I'm pretty sure it's just because of the low level and not being used to the skill.
    For me it only amounted to about 5% of damage, placing around 5th or 6th place. I'd rather just focus on the DoT/Myst Eruption Cycle for such low damage.
    Again, I'd rather see it being used as a mobbing skill, but at least we're getting more bossing options.