[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Dumb Question about megaphones

Scania_0Scania_0
Reactions: 205
edited December 2018 in Off-Topic Discussion
So, I 've noticed there's usually two megaphones appearing in chat: one that has purple/pink words with the signature screen shake and image at the upper right, and the other type that seems to be highlighted in pink and has the speaker's current medal in <> and without the shaking. Are these both those super megaphones or what?

Comments

• HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2018
    They both send the message across all channels on the server, yes.
    The solid pink one is the "original" type of smega. There is also the item smega which is yellow and lets you link an item in the message (if you want to).
    They then added a lot of options for showing your character in the upper right corner alongside the message, with various backgrounds. These are called "Messengers" in the cash shop instead of megaphones.
    But oddly enough the same type of item is called a megaphone when it's the MVP reward (bronze/silver/gold/diamond megaphone), which also shows your character in the upper right corner.

And there's the regular 300NX megaphone which is blue/white and only sends a message on the map/(channel?)you're on.
    YinYangXFuhreak
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited December 2018
    To add to this, if you hate the screen shake and generally having the top-right corner of your screen be obfuscated for any length of time depending on how long people want to have wallet-fights, there's an option to disable that in your system settings listed as "disable avatar megaphones".
    HHG1Fuhreak
  • rizariza
    Reactions: 3,025
    edited December 2018
    Scania_0 wrote: »
    So, I 've noticed there's usually two megaphones appearing in chat: one that has purple/pink words with the signature screen shake and image at the upper right, and the other type that seems to be highlighted in pink and has the speaker's current medal in <> and without the shaking. Are these both those super megaphones or what?

every megaphone has a certain function and all depend on the price and type. Some are MVP and are free and some have uses which some can let you smega in all of a single ch while others let you do it in all chs. So I mean they have the descriptions in them if you want to know more information. I would explain each one but take too long and I'm having a blast rn lmao. but gl and remember your only dumb for a moment when you ask a question :D never fear it as that's how we all grow and find ourselves. don't let others detour you from learning and gaining knowledge either as its a plus.
    goodboybad