[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Bug Report: Illegal Map Teleport Crash

palumatzupalumatzu
Reactions: 225
edited December 2018 in Bug Reporting
Bug type: Map Crash
Brief bug summary: Game Crashes when attempting to teleport to a very specific map

Steps to reproduce: Open up the World Map. In the Map Search function, type "Erve", and the following should appear: "<Year 2230> Dangerous Tower Ventilator"
Attempting to teleport to this map causes a crash. Sometimes, the player may or may not get a runtime error message, but the end result is the same: the game crashes.

Character name: Luminovic

Character level: 211

Character job: Luminous

World name: Reboot

Date and time of the incident: Thursday, December 27, 12:51 AM Central Standard Time Zone

Additional Notes: I am under the personal belief the target map is a left-behind from the supposed-to-be-deleted Neo Tokyo content. An alliance member (Talliam) told me to teleport to this map to go to him (he didn't tell me it would cause me to crash, but he did tell me, after the fact, that he crashed 3 times due to this bug). This bug is very much usable for deliberately causing not-in-the-know players to crash. I ask the developers to remedy this bug in the hopes of preventing purposeful crash pranks.

Comments

• YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2018
    For future reference, you can check the location of alliance members through the alliance tab in the guild ui.