[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Ursus Problems

xMrMeowxMrMeow
Reactions: 1,625
Member, Private Tester
edited December 2018 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
There are 2 big problems I have with Ursus:

1. The time for 2x mesos is extremely inconvenient for everyone in NA. Like 95% of players I'd guess are either at school or at work at 8PM GMT, because this is 3PM EST, and 12PM PST.
Solutions:
- Have NA servers and EU servers (Luna) use different reset times. 8PM GMT for Luna, and 8PM PST for all NA servers.
- Have two different time windows where you can do it. 8PM GMT, and 8PM PST

2. Ursus lags on entry unless you have a beefy PC. I have a gaming laptop that runs maple fine, but it takes like a good 10 seconds till I can move when entering Ursus, and I don't get this issue anywhere else on maple.
Solutions:
- Spawn Ursus like 10 seconds after players are moved to the map where you fight him
- Precache his animations, the map, and all that junk upon queuing up
These would solve the issue of dying before you can even move around and not getting any meso because teammates won't revive you.
  1. Is Ursus 2x at a time inconvenient for you?5 votes
    1. Yes
       40% (2 votes)
    2. No
       60% (3 votes)

Comments

• FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2018
    Although Ursus times aren't an inconvenience for me, I do support the time change/double Ursus time frames.
    Making Ursus pre-load and spawn slightly later would be a fantastic improvement too.