[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Expedition Mission - Erda saturation not working

VVurstchenVVurstchen
Reactions: 700
edited January 2019 in Bug Reporting
Bug type: Gameplay
Brief bug summary: I'm supposed to hunt 300 monsters after firing the cannon in "End of the World" map. After firing the cannon, the counter resets from 100% to 0%, and nothing happens. This happened when I was alone on the map, and with 1 Kanna there too. I charged the cannons like 20-30 times since the start of the event, but none of them work....

Steps to reproduce:
Get "Expedition Mission - Erda saturation" mission
Go into "End of the World" map, hunt monsters until Light of Annihilation
Hunt monsters and charge cannons until the cannons are 100%
The cannon automatically fires, but nothing happens.

Character name: VVurstchen
Character level: 217
Character job: Night Lord
World name: Broa
Date and time of the incident: Never worked since the start of the event :<

(mention your time zone if you aren't posting Pacific time) CET timezone
  1. Erda saturation works for me3 votes
    1. Yes
       67% (2 votes)
    2. No
       33% (1 vote)

Comments

• NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited January 2019
    The cannons don't always damage the Giant. Ideally you're supposed to work with others to continuously fire the cannons; with enough people, the cannons fire almost constantly.

If you cannot find anyone to help, my best advice is to just ignore this mission. Complete the other two, then use the special missions, the Sea Battle minigame, and regular grinding to fill the gauge further.
  • MiraMira
    Reactions: 4,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2019
    It does not take just one cannon blast to enable Erda Saturation. It takes multiple attempts, and not all of them are successful either. You can get lucky and have the first one work, but it isn't very likely to actually work. Go to channel 1/room 1 on your server, and there should be a bunch of people in the map. The more people in the map, the more Erda Saturation is likely to happen.
  • VVurstchenVVurstchen
    Reactions: 700
    edited January 2019
    Oh ok thank you, I thought I could solo it :<