[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Buff/Rework logic for Corsair's Quickdraw skill.

AznboiEAznboiE
Reactions: 3,445
edited January 2019 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Quickdraw is a good skill for corsair to use to increase burst damage when using any of their full map attacks and works best with Brain Scrambler. However, there's a few issues I see with this skill and could be improved upon.

For those who don't know how Quickdraw works, it has an 8% activation chance and can trigger at least once about every 2-3 seconds and the skill boosts your final damage (previously, 50% regular Damage) and disappears once you use an attack. It also has to be used manually once the initial skill procs, which consumes time to use it by forcing you to stop attacking if you wanted to do more damage by activating a 50% damage (now 25% final damage) buff to your next skill and they had to buff Brain Scrambler so many times just to make using Quickdraw better than holding down rapid fire for 3 seconds. My issue is that sometimes the buff gets snatched by a Majestic Presence proc that was too slow to activate despite the fact I had to stop attacking with rapid fire to use this skill and then use Brain Scrambler only to find out the skill had disappeared because the skill is able to power up Majestic Presence's damage. Instead of disabling the skill to get powered up by Quick Draw, i think a full skill rework is in order because it doesn't work well with Corsair's main gimmick: Summons. While Quickdraw is active, it can also boost the damage output of summons as the skill itself gives a Final Damage boost instead of purely boosting the next attack's final damage by 25%. So basically as long as I don't attack (which is something one wouldnt do because there's a huge dps loss if I wanted to see my weak summons do a little more damage), my summons damage will increase accordingly to match my range with the 25% final damage boost. And again, this is only if I don't attack while Quickdraw is active.

I would love to have this skill become a passive activation skill that instead of boosting 1 attack it boosts several attacks within a certain time limit. The skill would be so much more useful to have a time frame to power up attacks rather than disappearing after boosting 1 attack. Summons will deal more damage within the time limit as well, as they would had you used Quickdraw as it currently is but only if you don't attack because it only gets consumed by your attacks and not by a summon's attack. It also wouldn't be consumed so quickly had most of my quickdraw activations hadn't been snatched by Majestic Presence triggering so late after Rapid Fire.

I wouldn't mind if it took a 10% final damage nerf to make the skill a passive activation skill as it would still be simpler to realize the buff had already activated by showing the crossed dual guns above my characters head as a notification as the buff was active to stop attacking with Rapid Fire to directly use Brain Scrambler without stopping to use the skill manually and then use Brain Scrambler.

I recommend the skill match the specifications of having a 2-second buff that can be increased by buff duration (duration wouldn't really matter with a variable that small) that buffs around 12%~20% final damage while active and activates automatically at 8% chance when attacking.
foussiremix