[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

can't do 4th job advacement

JelloshotJelloshot
Reactions: 200
in General Chat
so I wasn't paying attention to how much I leveled with all this extra EXP stuff.
anyway I find myself now lvl 133 with 50 extra SP which reminded me that I'm suppose to get 4th job advancement.
So i go see the 3rd job instructor in el nath and the only options are : i want to challenge zakum or nothing, never mind
thinking that I missed something, I go see the 4th job instructor in leafe and the only option is to do open advancement which is not what I want.

did I mess up....

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2019
    What class are you?
    Did you accept the job advancement quest in your lightbulb notifier?
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited March 2019
    If you've got your maple guide still set to a hotkey, default being U, press that once and see if the small window that comes up has a blue "job advancement" icon.
  • JelloshotJelloshot
    edited March 2019
    @ AKradian I'm a connon master

@Aggraphine: no - I can click on left and right arrows which only give me options for Evolutions systems, dimensional crack, ghost park, korean folk town, lord pirate, dragon forest, golden temple, crimson heart castle, dragon forest
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2019
    If you're a Cannon Master then you already did your 4th job advancement.
    You need to use Mastery Books (from the Henesys or Leafre potion shop) to unlock higher levels of your 4th job skills, so you can put your extra SP in them.
    Jelloshot
  • JelloshotJelloshot
    edited March 2019
    ooooooOOOOooooo THANK YOU AKradian
    i miss the old straight forward maplestory :]
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited March 2019
    Jelloshot wrote: »
    ooooooOOOOooooo THANK YOU AKradian
    i miss the old straight forward maplestory :]

One might argue that the current setup for skill books is far more straightforward than anything before it. You have two books, mastery book 20 and mastery book 30, that work on all of your skills without fail. Rather than the old method of figuring out what dropped the books you need, and hoping you hit that 70% or 50% pass chance.

I'm pretty sure the retro coin shop has mastery books available if you're unable to buy them from the shops for mesos.
    Jelloshot