[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Questions and Suggestions to GM

Roni777Roni777
Reactions: 1,180
Member, Private Tester
edited March 2019 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
All of this Question and Finally leads to Suggestion are based on Reboot server.

My question and need confirmation :
1. Is keyweighted not allowed at all in game?
As i read some of the previous post, keyweighted is against Term of Service. But it is really hard to prove. Is this correct?

2. Continuing to question no.1, If keyweighted is not allowed, Mapllestory surely have realised how Kanna tele farming either on byebye or lv 200+ maps is really critical /prone to keyweighting, why does Maple doesn't change/alter it, eventhough it has been happening over years? Instead Maplestory put the rune system to tackle this issues, but not changing the system. Are you really that happy to have a hole in your system that force you to ban so many players without doing something to it?

This story started from around 1-2 years ago when a lot of people were abusing it, telefarming for 24 hours straight using keyweighting, but Maplestory didn't even change the teleport skill mechanics, but instead chose to do a massive ban to players. Maplestory is so unprofesionally to let themselves losing players , because they allowed such a big hole/mechanics that can be easily abused by players by simply putting heavy object into their keyboard, which is to be combined with kanna telefarming. Eventhough Maplestory knew what was happening, but chosen to do, to my opinion, an act to destroy their own game. I will tell my reason below and share my experiences. I thought they were going to change how the teleport works, but after waiting for years, it didn't happen. And so, here are my stories how Maplestory destroying their own players.

And now it is getting worse. So far, I have kicked more than 6+ of my guild members, some people who i actually have interaction with. it really made me sad on doing that. A lot of argument and a lot of debate amkes me so sad. I already remind people not to do it, but after sometime, possibly because they learnt it from others, and some argue that a lot of players are also doing it, they get "influenced" into doing it because how easy it is to do it.

Maplestory players consist of several kind players with different kinds of mind.

1. You can divide them by age. Some people are 15 years or below. Some are between 15-25 years. Some are 30+ years old.

2. You can also divide them by how they are playing the game.

A. Some people, but on very low percentage, playing maple super strict, they are not allowing themselves getting leech on boss, they are not allowing themselves to use kishin mule, they are not leeching from other account and they are not abusing any error/ bug in game at all.

B. Another players ( a higher percentage then strict players), just followed by rules. As long as it is not against the rule / Term of Service or not getting them banned, they are doing it. They are using 2nd computer to kishin, using 2nd computer to leech their main account, keyweighted on Kanna mule account to Kishin (this is apply to several players) or leeching nodes or droplets from other players using certain kind of strategy.

C. Certain % of players not hacking or macroing using 3rd party program, but they are sometimes still breaking the Term of Service as long as it is not touching the "hard code" as hacking/botting or macroing using 3rd party program to play. Example, using key weight on kishin mule, taking advantage of glitch / bug such as 30% discount + 30% discount star forcing event ( totalling 60% star forcing discount) which was happening around few months ago, keyweighted on kanna to telefarming, keyweighted to open up thousands of nodes / thousands of Christmass boxes or any other boxes, and some other things. This kind of players, interestingly have a high numbers too. Possibly have the same percentage with point B above. If Maplestory doesn't address this kind of players carefully, might result on losing a high amount % of players.

D. Some players that are similar to point C above, but they are also playing together with hackers. Some even pay hackers to gain advantage from hacker, eventhough they will not hack their own account

E. Some which break the rule / Term of Service. They are hacking/ botting/ macroing and so other stuff that clearly breaking the Term of Service that will surely result on a ban.

When telefarming started to be famous, several players and guilds started to share their perspective and how their Guild react to it. Some decide to not doing it and kicking any Guild members who are doing it. Some Guild allowing it, as long as you are not keyweighting. Some allow it as long as you are not getting caught and getting banned. And some guild, at first they are against it, but after sometimes, they are allowed it with certain bottom line because the telefarming have become massive, wellknown and a lot of players are doing it.

But on the process, there were a lot of "casualities". People quitting the game. A lot of dramas in game. A lot of argument. People also massively getting banned. Maplestory losing a lot of its players. It is because how easy it is to keyweight, it is has become wellknown amogst players. And up until now, Maplestory still allow this to happen, without changing the mechanics. Destroying their own game. They implement keyweight restrcition on active attacking skills, but only this teleport on kanna is still allowed up until now.

The reason I am pointing out how easy this keyweight technique to be applied because it is like a poison. It attract and affect players on doing it as a lot of players are doing it and how easy it is to apply. Some people have high resistance to it. But in my experience, there are still a lot of numbers who easily get influenced by their friends to do it, eventhough at first they are not doing it. These also depends on the age and personality. But some players who is still underage ( possibly 18 years or below), highly possible will lose it out because how easy it is to do it.

I know, it is still breaking the rules out of their consience. But it is also a negligence on Maplestory / Nexon to address this issue eventhough they have realise about this happening for years. Don't tell me such a lie that Maplestory just knew it from this thread. Coz there was a massive ban happening because of it. GM surfing singapore and byebye / malaysia map to ban Players who keyweighted farming on kanna. And this result of the decreasing numbers of players. Maplestory might say it is players fault to break the ToS. But in my opinion, Maplestory have played a huge part/role of it by letting it happenned. You are destroying your own game.

Why am i blaming Maplestory/ Nexon for their own neglicance on this part? Because it is like they are planting a poison in their own game. It is similar to Caging /locking a person into a room. You make them hunger and thirsty. No Food, No Water. After a few days, you are giving them food and water, but saying that the food and water are poisoned. Anyone who eats or drink it will surely die. A small amount of people might choose to die hunger and thirst rather than getting poisoned. But most people will, at first, won’t eat or drink it. But after days or week, they surely will eat or drink it, eventhough they know they will die because of the poison. Because it is in front of them, and they just need to grab and eat/drink it

This is similar to how this keyweighted on kanna telefarming happens. You know there is a problem with the teleport mechanics that will easily give a way for your players to keyweight abuse it just by putting a heavy object on their keyboard. And after sometime, because Maplestory doesn’t do anything to it, players become used to it. At first, not many doing it, but slowly, because of the need of mesos, more and more players getting influenced by it, because how easy it is to do and get banned for it. If not getting banned, it cause a lot of drama and argue between players and people quitting the game.
This is not a loss to players only, but a loss to Maplestory/ Nexon too.

Below are some of my experience.
1. When I started the game, I met 2 of good friends. They are cousin in real world. We are not in the same guild, but I have them on my buddy list. We often help each other, and play together. They didn’t hack, nor they bot using any 3rd party program. Until one day, he learnt about Kanna keyweight farming. He called me over, and told me, how players can keyweight and gain massive of mesos. The guy sometimes is a bit childish and do what he want. But well, not everyone is perfect. I rejected him. And I advised him not to do it because it will get him banned. But he replied, “I don’t care if I get banned. A lot are doing it too. It is not like I hack or something, I’m just putting object to my keyboard. Some of my friends are doing it, and they were not getting banned. If they ban me, I will just quit” . And after that, I saw him keyweighted farming 24/7. And soon after few days, he got banned, as I expected. Possibly GM pass by when he was doing it. Until now, I still saw his cousin still come online and play once in a while. But I rarely see him anymore.

2. I already kicked so many Guild members keyweighted, possibly more than 6. Most of them, I have known for sometime. At first, they didn’t do it, but because of probably seeing a lot of people doing it, or under influence of others, I found them doing it and kicked them out of guild. But this still makes me sad coz I have known them for sometime. The recent one was a kanna main lv 210. I have reminded him not to do it. But in the end, I caught him doing it and expelled him. Later on, in the discord, He told me, he did keyweight because a lot of players are doing it. He was there in front of the computer while keyweighting until suddenly, one of his family fell down in the bathroom and he ran over and brought him/her to the hospital. After he returned, he found out he got kicked out of guild. And so he discorded me. He said he is quitting the game. This makes me sad. Because it happened again and again. Not only once. Because most of the people I kicked, we had fun for a while playing the game. Sometimes I think of quitting of this game because of this. This reduce the fun in game because this happening over and over again.

Another parable. This kind of thing is similar to Student cheating on an Exam. I don’t know how it is done in the US. But in a lot of countries I know, there are a lot more people who do cheat on their school Test/ Exam compare to people who actually honestly doing it by their own ability and comprehension.

Also similar to how a lot of employee who works lazily when their boss is not around. Because they can and easiily to do it.

And in this game, you are simply allowing/ creating such a “pit hole” that will trapped your own players into that pit hole. Are you trying to ban until only small amount of players left? And then you, Maplestory/Nexon, will feel satisfied because you have done a great job banning a lot of players? or are you going to do something about it?

Additionally, i heard from others, there was recently"someone" who is well known by players and got banned because of this keyweighted thingy too. I am telling you, it is not only happening to him, but to a lot of players too. This is Maplestory Negligence. You should do something about the tele farming.

Suggestion :
Kishin is indeed needed to farm on Reboot GMS, it create a lot of different side of strategy to farm (But I will not explain this on this thread, probably on another thread if it is necessary).
1. But keyweight farming is not a must. You can still farm even without tele farming. People can still farming a lot of mesos on kanna even without keyweight. You just need to Alter / change it because keyweight is againt ToS and bannable. Unless you announce otherwise, not against the ToS and not bannable.
2. As consideration, I have done my own survey, based on it, a huge numbers of players actually doesn't really mind about this Keyweighted on telefarming kanna. They are only against it because of the ToS. On my own point of view, The runes itself prevent players from abusing it 24/7 and gain massive advantage from it. You can do your own survey if you want and take it into consideration before you decide on your action

Comments

• DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited March 2019
    The higher priority should be focuses on attacking Kannas that clearly hack before address automated (not altered gameplay.) I know keyweighing is bannable already, but it isn't gamebreaking as a Kanna being able to kill the map every second and have hundreds of Kannas run on one computer. Being banned forkeyweighing opening boxes because you were lazy IMO is a really dumb way to get banned.

My thoughts on automated playing severity fall into what the person was trying to accomplish. Was he lazy or clearly idga* about rules and wants to make a profit off of it? If you trying to skip cutscenes or open 10000 boxes, I personally don't find it serious. FYI: I don't keyweigh, just stating that opening boxes is not same as AFK mobbing or Kishin.
  • Roni777Roni777
    Reactions: 1,180
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2019
    Yeah i know. Apparently this game have some 15 years old playing. Some of them is still kids. When someone tells them, just put something heavy in your buttons. 90% of them just get seduced by it. They just don't care. And Bam, they either got banned, or i have to kick them out of guild and break my heart. It happens over and over and it really sad me. This game truely are not for kids, coz they have trap everywhere to ban their player.

Tackling hacker is another thing. And as i quote some people in the forum says, You will never get rid of hacker 100%. There are no yet a game that is 100% free of hacker. You can just try your best