[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Combo Kill Checkpoints

OdysseyTwoOdysseyTwo
Reactions: 2,750
Member, Private Tester
edited March 2019 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Having to restart from 0 Combo Kill is never fun, especially when you just reached Golden Combo Orb range (2000+). Instead of having to start your Combo Kill all over again, there should be a Checkpoint system for this. How it would work is, instead of losing your entire Combo Kill if you don't kill something in 10 seconds, your Combo Kill will be deducted by a certain amount, and then when you kill a monster, your Combo Kill will start at how much you have after the deduction.

If you end your Combo Kill at less than 200, it will drop by 50.
If you end your Combo Kill between 200 and 349, it will drop by 100.
If you end your Combo Kill between 350 and 549, it will drop by 150.
If you end your Combo Kill between 550 and 749, it will drop by 250.
If you end your Combo Kill between 750 and 1349, it will drop by 400.
If you end your Combo Kill between 1350 and 1999, it will drop by 800.
If you end your Combo Kill between 2000 and 4499, it will drop by 1250.
If you end your Combo Kill between 4500 and 6999, it will drop by 2500.
If you end your Combo Kill between 7000 and 9998, it will drop by 4000.
If you end your Combo Kill at 9999, it will drop by 6000.

Comments

• FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2019
    This would devalue the multi-kill option even further. Combo Kills are already a great source of EXP over time.
    There's no need to buff them even further.

https://strategywiki.org/wiki/MapleStory/Formulas#Combo_Kill
  • MiraMira
    Reactions: 4,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2019
    Fuhreak wrote: »
    This would devalue the multi-kill option even further. Combo Kills are already a great source of EXP over time.

Be that as it may, there are extenuating circumstances that can still screw you over:

a) lagwave happens that knocks out your combo
    b) you have a full Use inventory after a bounty hunter portal which delays your exit and destroys combo

I think the penalties the op listed are even far harsher than I would have recommended, and makes it not a completely back to square one situation for things that are unforeseen.
    SlicedTime
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2019
    Mira wrote: »
    Fuhreak wrote: »

Be that as it may, there are extenuating circumstances that can still screw you over:

a) lagwave happens that knocks out your combo
    b) you have a full Use inventory after a bounty hunter portal which delays your exit and destroys combo

I think the penalties the op listed are even far harsher than I would have recommended, and makes it not a completely back to square one situation for things that are unforeseen.

Lagwaves do suck. But this is a problem of servers, not gameplay systems.
    Full inventories are the fault of the player, though I don't see any reason why we can't extend the portal exit timer.
    Perhaps if the gap between multi-kill and combo wasn't so large, I wouldn't see a problem with buffing this system.
    As it is right now though, it's so overshadowing to the multi-kill bonus that multi-kill might as well not even exist.
    I'd like more alternatives to grind styles not hamming down into one even more.