[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.251 - GO WEST! Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Problem launching the game

LaunchProblem123LaunchProblem123
Reactions: 400
edited April 2019 in Tech Support
Hey guys! The last few games I've tried opening my game, but everytime i try the game doesn't launch. When I click "Play", the nexon game security thing pops up, but nothing happens afterwards and the game just crashes. I have tried various solutions, but it still seems to not work.

HELP WOULD BE HIGHLY APPRECIATED!
  1. Have you experienced this bug?4 votes
    1. Yes
       100% (4 votes)
    2. No
       0% (0 votes)

Comments

• killxbotkillxbot
    Reactions: 100
    I also have this problem.
    I fresh installed the game multiple times. Changed the so screen size to 3. Released my ip. Disabled all my non windows services in msconfig added the game and folder into the exceptions list on my anti virus and firewall.
    I'm running windows 10 I'll tried running compatible mode on windows 8.
    I literally have run out of ideas to get this game to run. I don't know why it's so complicated
  • BarakBBarakB
    Reactions: 100
    edited May 2019
    Exact same problem here.
    Tried reinstalling, modifying some registry values (like screen size to 3, screen resolution to 800x600), restarting my PC, running with compatibility/ as admin, disabling firewall entirely, disabling my antivirus entirely. None of these worked. Game crashes right before the "Nexon" and "Wizet" screens should come up.

Also, yesterday the game worked, but was buggy as hell, many objects disappeared from the screen, such as: the "start" button on character select screen, the "quit game" button on world select screen, and a few in game objects as well.

EDIT: I flushed my DNSand now it finally works!
    For those of you who don't know how to flush ur DNS:
    (for windows 10) Press start, then in the search box type "cmd"
    left click the search result, and select "Run as admin"
    In the window that pops up, type "ipconfig/flushdns" (without the quotes) and press Enter
    Then type "netsh winsock reset" (again, without the quotes).
    Restart your computer and see if that helped.