[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Maplefest more people plz

DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
Reactions: 7,195
edited April 2019 in General Chat

Following the 4 minute sale of Maplefest tickets, there was a contest on Twitter open to those without tickets. I was glad there was hope for those who want to make it to the event. I am happy these 4 winners won their tickets to go see Maplefest 2019, but the rest of us a bit disappointed about not winning. All the winners for this contest were all VIDEOS. No artwork, poems or stories won the contest despite the variety of fan work we gave them.

Capacity:
Whole House - 1500
Trading Floor / Main Room - 1150
Gallery - 300
Rockfeller Room - 50
Skyloft - 50

The venue, which is held at LA Exchange can seat a total of 1500 people on their site. 1150 people in the main floor, 50 people each in the Rockfeller Room and Skyloft and 300 in the Skyloft. I did the math and the total is actually 1550 people (50 must be staff, equipment and equipment and the rest being guests.) I was told 500 tickets (NOT PAIRS) were sold and 8 were won via twitters and 2 more were won on Twitch, we barely scrape half the capacity limit of the main floor. I don't think the staff and equipment eat up a space of 500 people.

Last year at Maplefest, we were at the Fonda Theater. We had the main floor, a few rooms and the roof. We watched the show on the main floor every 2 hours of so and went to booth activities on the roof, and other rooms of the theater. Two activities, the Zakum Challenge and demo for Maplestory M were held at the sides of the auditorium so we didn't totally desert the room when we had booth time. Some Maplers stayed behind for some rounds to hang out and they still got enough time to do all the activities despite the roof and other rooms being packed. Assuming 400 people can fill the other room and 100+ can fill mingle in the main floor for their activities or when they are waiting for the other rooms to be less paced, the current people who entered can fit without worrying about overcrowding.

Last year, all guests and their +1s were given a goodie bag with small knick knacks such as a pop-socket, a canteen, small mousepad, a knapsack and a toque bag for those who did all the activities. I don't mind if they have a shortage on physical or even ingame items; as long as I get to spend time with friends and hang out, I will still be more than happy.

I was hoping that there is a final wave for tickets to fill in some seats in the floor assuming the staff and equipment don't occupy too much space in a form of another contest or more winners to be drawn from the previous contest (or let everyone who entered on Twitter access before letting other people in.) I am sure the floor can hold some more people even though someone said the floor has to fit the staff and their stuff.
  1. Should there be a final round for tickets4 votes
    1. Yes ( Final Contest)
       25% (1 vote)
    2. Yes (Final Sale)
       25% (1 vote)
    3. Yes (Other)
       25% (1 vote)
    4. No
       25% (1 vote)

Comments

• PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited April 2019
    Daxterbeer wrote: »

Following the 4 minute sale of Maplefest tickets, there was a contest on Twitter open to those without tickets. I was glad there was hope for those who want to make it to the event. I am happy these 4 winners won their tickets to go see Maplefest 2019, but the rest of us a bit disappointed about not winning. All the winners for this contest were all VIDEOS. No artwork, poems or stories won the contest despite the variety of fan work we gave them.

While I did not enter this contest, the fact that videos all won looks...biased to be perfectly honest. Some of my guildmates/friends did enter and I saw their interesting stories and artwork. If they hold future contests for future Maple Fests, Id suggest being sure to be fair towards all categories. Perhaps pick a winner from each option: Art, Video, Poem, etc.
    As I put in my Maple Fest feedback last year, Nexon really could make this a big event if they wanted to. Considering the tickets sold out in 4 minutes, I'm pretty sure there are enough Maplers interested in going to validate bigger venues/more tickets for sale. Ultimately, its not up to me though.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited April 2019
    That's their marketing strategy, make this event as exclusive as possible with a limited amount of tickets for sale ( which sell out fast) to give the illusion of want. Only having a small number of people in the event adds more to the exclusivity and lastly, it shows those that aren't going " what they are missing". In hopes they will try again next year or whenever it comes back.

But as Petal said, it does seem bias that only videos won. It should have been 1 from each category.
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    edited April 2019
    If they really filled sold only 500 tickets and less than half of the space is utilized, it would look awkward. Selling out very fast doesn't necessarily mean an event is a hit. I heard the event will be livestreamed and so was last year's and we will see how efficiently the space of used. Last year, we used the main floor and some of us had to wait there when the roof and rooms were used. I was pretty sure they could let the people on Twitter (adding 20-30 people wouldn't suffocate people.)

As mentioned in previous tweets and instragram posts by Maplestory, they showed us some freebies such as the building block set. I wouldn't mind being considered a last minute guest and not being included for freebies because of shortage. Not that this thread can make miracles happen, but I am hoping it will open final opportunities for people to join the event even if they aren't getting goodie bags (it's Maplestory 14th birthday.)

edited April 2019
    It makes the event "special" when seats are limited, and it makes the people that were able to go feel "chosen" and "special", I do agree with you there should be more chances for those that didnt get a ticket. But it's a marketing tactic for tickets to be that limited.

Maplefest tickets werent the product Nexon was selling, per se. What they were selling was a chance at happiness. What makes maplers more happy than being able to attend maplefest. Even those that arent going feel something and that feeling will make them try again when maplefest comes back. As long as going to maplefest makes a mapler feel happy theyll eventually keep trying. I would say thats why it's limited, to create that sense of feeling.
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    edited April 2019
    I heard Maplefest 2019 was happening while I was overseas. That day when the tickets were on sale, I was in a rural part of China (Enping has little to no internet) with my cousin and grandma. I was notified about the event happening again so I told my mom back in New York to order the tickets when the time was okay. My Mom had a doctor's appointment during the the time the site opens. She thought there should be enough time by the time she gets home (the sale/appointment was at 1am HK time, 11am PST, 1pm EST.) I am disappointed with the missed chance.

I usually take time seriously such as giving extra time when dealing with air travel. And for those people who remembered Hard Magnus's 15 minute wait and 2x, I would start Hard Magnus 15 minutes before 2x started and wait 15 minutes for 2x to start and for the restriction to lift. That is how I capitalized on those 2x drop and EXP events back in the day.

Usually when there is something with limited quantity online or just sells out and gets "spawn-killed", I have an alarm that notifies me when an item is in stock so I can order fast (I had my credit card on Notepad when I was fighting for the release of a video card.) I finally succeeded when I saw the SOLD OUT change to ADD TO CART and the alarm didn't go off yet. My sister also had a ticket disaster too, but her story didn't have a happy ending. My sister was upset when my Mom was trying to get my sister and my cousins to see a BTS concert, but all the tickets (not counting the four digit tickets near the stage) were sold out.

I know the event coordinator isn't obligated to sell or open more tickets, but it would be nice if they can let a few more fans in.

edited April 2019
    I'm with you on that, they should've had at least 3 waves of tickets sales. or each maple game have their different sales. But it seems 1,2 and m were directed to same page to buy their tickets.
    Daxterbeer