[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Can Nexon please do server check weekly again?

XenonFunzXenonFunz
Reactions: 1,150
edited May 2019 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Ever since Nexon decided to stop doing bug fixes and server restarts weekly, it's made the second week of uptime a lot slower.
I've seen increased latency from chatting, bosses become MUCH more glitchy, and I get memory leak, and crash/ disconnects a lot more often.

Can Nexon please go back to taking the game down for a few hours weekly again to keep the servers fresh?
I know it will "interupt" players but, I feel that it is nessesary in order to have the game function smoothly again.

Attached a poll so others can share their opinion.
  1. How often should servers be reset?10 votes
    1. Weekly
       60% (6 votes)
    2. Bi-Weekly
       40% (4 votes)

Comments

• FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2019
    Weekly may be a better option for catching bugs, clearing server side memory leaks, the like.
    However weekly resets might also place extra strain/costs on a company that is already bleeding money.
    Nexon knows more about what is going on and has a better view of what is best for Maple in this regard imo.
    While I personally think weekly resets are ultimately better, there may be unseen factors which prevent Nexon from doing so.
    YinYangX