[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Where the star fell

MawgMawg
Reactions: 1,350
edited May 2019 in General Chat
Every six months or so , I start a new character. And every @*$%!!! time I forget how to complete quest "Where the star fell" !

Three times now, I have visited each of the required maps and attacked one of the monsters there. Training a pally now, I even manged to kill one on each of the first three maps. On the remaining two, I do 1 damage, and can't be bothered wait an hour for a kill. But I am sure that that is not necessary anyway & that I did not do it before.

So, what's the trick that I forget every time?

Comments

• NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited May 2019
    Talk to Chief Tatamo in Leafre.
    Enter Sky Nest II, Sky Nest 3, Valley of the Antelope 2, The Area of Black Kentaurus, Battlefield of Fire and Darkness, or Battlefield of Water and Darkness.
    Attack any monster in any of those maps.
    Complete the quest [Star Force] Equipment Star Power. (Located under the lightbulb icon on the left-hand side of the screen, to my knowledge)
    Talk to Chief Tatamo again.

https://maplestory.fandom.com/wiki/Quests/41/(Star_Force)_Where_the_Star_Fell
    MawgKuronekonova
  • MawgMawg
    edited May 2019
    Interestingly, the in game quest only mentions visiting 5 of the 6 maps which have star force, while your link lists all six, but gives a choice of the last two.

In any case, I tried again - for the fourth time - and visited all six maps. I attacked a monster on all of them, even managed to kill one o the first 3 mas.

Still nothing - the quest is active, and I don't see how to complete it. like I said, I see to recall a "gotcha" the last time i did this quest a few months ago.

I will forfeit the quest, then accept it & try again F7
  • MawgMawg
    edited May 2019
    Nope. Forfeiting & redoing the quest made no difference F7 F7 F7
  • MawgMawg
    edited May 2019
    D'oh!!! Your link says in point 4 "Complete the quest [Star Force] Equipment Star Power."

That's the "one weird trick" that I always forget F2

Just click the white light bulb, find that quest, then talk to the chief. Thanx a 1,000,000 for your help