[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.253 - MapleStory x BUGCAT CAPOO Patch Note Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

ID Blocked after inactivity for 2 years?

Vile_Maverick0Vile_Maverick0
in Tech Support
Hey, I've been playing this game since I was a kid but when I got Windows 10, 2 years ago (I think it was 2 years ago it was a very long time) I was unable to play due to Maplestory not being able to play on Windows 10. So now I'm back and I'm about to play on my Demon Avenger. But then I get a prompt saying my ID has been Blocked due to hacking even though I HAVEN'T BEEN ACTIVE IN 2 WHOLE YEARS! So I thought I had to get a ban repeal so I tried then they ask me to provide a Photo ID which I'm not doing no matter what the circumstances are. So if the GMs see this, is this a bug? Because I can't even hack and I wouldn't be able to hack if I was inactive for 2 years.

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,340
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2019
    There are no GMs on these forums. If you want to ask anything of them, do it as comments on your ban appeal ticket.

It's possible that, in the two years you did not play, someone else got ahold of your account and was using it for illicit activities that got it banned. Depending on what those activities were and on whether Nexon can ascertain that it wasn't you (or someone you gave the account info to), they might revert the ban.

Nexon's procedure for verifying that you are the rightful owner of the account, includes asking for a photo ID. It is, of course, your right to refuse to give it to them. But unfortunately it means that they cannot proceed to unblock the account and give it to you.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited June 2019
    The photo ID thing is to prove that you are who you claim to be. You are, after all, the only one with your ID, right? It's purely for verification purposes and is no different than being carded for age-restricted items at a store(alcohol, tobacco, etc). Do you refuse to show your ID, "no matter what the circumstances are" for those cases as well?
    h0lyicdragon