[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Game crashing and memory leaking

MastahiroMastahiro
Reactions: 1,370
in Bug Reporting
Now, I'm going to bring up something I know and we all know and have dealt with for years. I feel like these issues hold the game back from becoming mainstream or at least more popular and gates new players from ever giving the game a chance in the first place.

Bug type: Memory leak/Crashing

Brief bug summary: Game closes (no longer as a runtime error) or starts using up upwards of 3GB of memory.

More details: If you play the game, it sometimes just closes.
More often than not, when doing a boss, someone disconnects halfway through.
After going for an MVP buff.
Changing channels.
Changing characters.
After Ursus golden time, memory usage sometimes skyrockets to 2.5GB+.
When playing Jett in Chuchu (and Lach I've heard), game consistently returns to channel select when using Cosmic Upheaval.

There's probably a few more missing but at what point am I just enumerating everything you do while playing the game?

Steps to reproduce: Play the game.

Character names: Thisgetsban / Mastahiro

Character levels: 213 / 240

Character jobs: Jett / Explorer Mage

World name: Reboot

Date and time of the incident: All the time, GMT+1
NekololizuSherri

Comments

• ZottenkerelZottenkerel
    Reactions: 510
    edited June 2019
    Increased stability or the ability to keep all your buffs (downtime subtracted of course) when you relog would remedy the frequency and the negative results of crashes. I hope the new AWS servers improve stability, but so far it seems to be about the same as before. I feel this game has great potential but needs the stability to grow.
    Mastahiro
  • MastahiroMastahiro
    Reactions: 1,370
    edited June 2019
    These issues seem to be client-sided and not server-related though. We had those problems with reboot channels crashing recently, but that aside, the overall client stability seems to be... dubious.
  • NekololizuNekololizu
    Reactions: 400
    edited July 2019
    Maybe we can get this fixed in a few years just like how long it took Nexon to realize pet loot lag was a thing before fixing it, Kinda stupid how a full shutdown of your computer is the only solution to the memory leak issues everyone have