[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[Controller Support] General Improvements

FuhreakFuhreak
Reactions: 7,440
Member, Private Tester
edited June 2019 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
By an unchangeable default, movement is limited to analog sticks for controllers.
I'd like the option to be able to change this to D-Pad or None.
Analog movement isn't a very good option for movement in the first place.

Even if you do use the in-game controller support, if your controller disconnects at any point you're going to have to restart the entire game.
Since MS no longer rescans for controllers after they disconnect there's almost no point.
Also, if you have two or more controllers, I hope the one you want to use is the only one active, because MS picks the first one it sees.
A drop down menu that scans for controllers (Also with a "None" option) would be good.

As someone who used to use Shift/Ctrl as Jump/Attack respectively on keyboard, these hotkey settings are annoying.
I liked to switch between keyboard/controller and if I had used the native support, that would be two hotkeys lost already.
Instead of mapping the hotkeys to keyboard buttons, just make a similar thing to quick slots.

Alternatively, since controller support sucks and nobody uses it anyway, just remove the entire thing and continue to turn a blind eye to people who find better alternatives.
Unless they use macros, then they're free game for ban hammers.
SlicedTime