[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Phase out keyboard smashing

BurnitureBurniture
Reactions: 400
edited June 2019 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
It's a good thing players of certain classes don't have to smash their keys any more.
These are classes like Aran (Triple Swing and Beyonder), Shade (Punch skills, e.g. Bomb Punch) and Battle Mage (Blow skills, e.g. Finishing Blow).
However, there are still many classes that are painful to play due to the constant need to tap keys, and I suggest making these either keydown, like Aran, or one tap activates all hits, like Shade and Battle Mage.
They are as follows:

Demon Slayer's Demon Lash and morphs, not sure if Demon Awakening has this, as I don't have a 5th job Demon Slayer. I suggest that it's changed to one tap activates all attacks, for the sake of jump-casting.

Angelic Buster's Trinity, I suggest keydown, as the following hits require the connection of the preceding hit. Or since it can be jump-casted, a single-tap system where the following attacks are only activated if the preceding attacks hit (though this sounds complicated).

Illium's Radiant Javelin and Radiant Orb, while these are currently able to be linked with the in-game macro, the attack speed suffers greatly, and the only optimal way is to tap them one after the other, repeatedly. This is only made worse by the Javelin being the main grinding skill, but the Orb is needed to keep up Bless Marks, which function like Luminous' Black Blessing. I would suggest keydown, where if both skill keys are held down, Illium would attack like the keys would be tapped repeatedly. The alternate is speeding up the in-game macro to the character's current attack-speed.

Blaster's Revolving Cannon, I would suggest it either changed to auto-use like Ark's Spell Bullets, where the setting is saved even when logging out, or like Night Walker's Shadow Bats, where it's necessary to turn it on every time you log in, but can be turned off without going to Skill Tab.

This issue is really close to my heart as I would probably main either Illium or Angelic Buster, but I had to give up playing them because my fingers couldn't keep up and I refuse to use illegal (out of game) macros.

EDIT: I don't have one, so I'm not sure how Thunder Breaker's linking works. If the skill-buttons need to be tapped repeatedly one after the other, I would suggest giving them the same treatment I suggested for Illium, where holding two different skill-keys down will chain them together, or they could just be in-game macro'd, where they would use the character's attack speed.

Comments

• DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited June 2019
    Bomb punch and its other punches activates all its skills. These skills were able to cancel out with simple movement. Demon Lash and Aran Swings require mashing.

I would like to see the option to hold the key down for the skill, but I hope to have function of the previous one. When I play Demon Slayer at early levels, I only use the combo before the "Demon" appears since I can kill without using the whole move. Maybe adding an ability to toggle between AUTO and keydown mode would be nice.

• BurnitureBurniture
    Reactions: 400
    edited June 2019
    Daxterbeer wrote: »
    Bomb punch and its other punches activates all its skills. These skills were able to cancel out with simple movement. Demon Lash and Aran Swings require mashing.

I would like to see the option to hold the key down for the skill, but I hope to have function of the previous one. When I play Demon Slayer at early levels, I only use the combo before the "Demon" appears since I can kill without using the whole move. Maybe adding an ability to toggle between AUTO and keydown mode would be nice.

You can already hold down Aran's swings, and it attacks with player's attack speed and you can even link Beyonder to it (though the timing is wonky). I suggest you try it out! :P