[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

My Dissatisfaction With Kanna’s Revamp

vokyvoky
Reactions: 300
edited June 2019 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
This is my first time ever going on here and is also my first time adding a new discussion so I’m sorry if I make any mistakes. Okay, now that I’ve gotten that out of the way, let me rant about Kanna’s Revamp.

First things first, it’s horrible. When I first heard about it, I was ecstatic. I always loved the concept of Kanna and admired the class. So naturally, when l heard that it was going to get a revamp, I was overwhelmed with joy. After seeing the showcase of the skills and the damage it was outputting, it made me even more excited for the revamp. I remember thinking “Wow! This is absolutely amazing! I’m so hyped!”. The thought of Kanna finally being a class that others can actually appreciate made me feel so happy. Everyone used to make fun of this class as only being a support or a bot, but with this revamp, I thought that this might change the way people see Kanna. And then the GMS update came.

I was so dissatisfied with this update. Nexon have nerfed her so bad, that it’s almost laughable. The debuff that Kanna got was so uncalled for. I understand that you guys need to tune down classes to make them equal to each other (which by the way, will never happen), but to nerf Kanna to this extent is unacceptable. I may not be a Kanna main (well I was going to, but not so much anymore), but I know that this revamp has negatively impacted other Kanna mains. They literally gained nothing. Kanna’s support capabilities have been greatly reduced and not only that, but Kanna’s damage has been greatly reduced as well. It just doesn’t make sense. I know Nexon worked hard on this revamp, but to do so much work and then release it like this... It’s honestly saddening. Let me give ONE of the plethora of problems that came with this update, Kanna’s survivability. It was stated that you guys were going to improve Kanna’s survivability, yet you debuff one the essential skills that actually makes her survive? (Haku Perfected (Foxfire)). Where’s the logic? Where’s the reasoning? I really am confused. Another problem is with Kanna’s damage. It is extremely weak, basically Jett level. Shikigami Haunting does way too little damage and Vanquisher's Charm does even LESS. That means that Vanquisher’s Charm is fundamentally useless. All it’s really good for is charging up Spirit’s Domain and that’s about it. I would go on and on about the topic, but I have already said enough so I digress. Hopefully you understand what I’m trying to say.

In conclusion, this Kanna revamp is tremendously disappointing. Not only is this revamp a miss, it also came with an immense amount of bugs and inconsistencies. I pray Nexon fixes this problem and significantly buff her. And while we’re on this topic, why would you nerf her anyways? It’s not like people are gonna get mad because a class is strong, if anything, they would actually be happy. Okay, I’m done ranting. Please make Kanna better, I beg of you.
  1. What do you guys think of the revamp?7 votes
    1. I hate it.
       71% (5 votes)
    2. It’s whatever.
       14% (1 vote)
    3. I like it.
       14% (1 vote)