[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Reward shop- Frenzy like totam.

aaaaaa9494aaaaaa9494
Reactions: 400
edited July 2019 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
I think they should put it not only in the reward shop but also normal NX also for like a 1 day - 7 day -30 days.

btw why is it 15 counts limited anyway...

Comments

• PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited July 2019
    Fury Totem: Am I a joke to you?

On the serious side...I don't get the 15 limit either...and the high RP price tag for two hours of use :T
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited July 2019
    It's easy to explain the arbitrary limitations on it if you take into account the fact that they want to present themselves as trying to reduce the reliance on two PCs per player but also don't want to do anything that might have a significant impact on their CCU metric.

It is, at a base level, an egregious attempt at throwing the community a bone. Why else would they limit it in the way that they have? It's 30,000 of your 45,000 monthly reward points. 17,000 of that could go to red and black cubes alone, with the other 28,000 available for use on scrolls or inventory slots or a pendant slot or even discounting other nx purchases. But no, a solid two-thirds of your monthly cap of reward points for just over a total day's worth of not-kishin.

I personally refuse to even consider using one, even if I had an excess of reward points burning a virtual hole in my sold-my-soul-to-the-company-store pocket. It's such an insult. Here you go, two pc meta is "fixed", now stop complaining.

I'm not going to dip into the conspiracy theory about nexon secretly liking the bots because they help to pad their metrics, but we all know full well that that kanna sitting in the corner of the map in the middle of its kishin, coincidentally refreshing the skill every minute or so when the active character in the map stops moving briefly, is absolutely counted toward their "look at how many players we have online!" metric. And fixing the fury totem so it's actually worth more than a muttered insult would harm that metric, and they simply can't be having any of that.

I'd welcome anyone to explain to me why I'm wrong. Explain to me how one day(plus six hours) of not-kishin totem use per month, for the low price of two-thirds of your monthly reward points, is not a complete and total sham.
    Petalmagic wrote: »
    Fury Totem: Am I a joke to you?

Yes, absolutely. But a joke in the same sense as laughing at the kid in a wheelchair for not being able to walk.
    Petalmagicdarik
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2019
    I can't imagine anyone who understands gms would make these decisions. So who does that leave?

Kms loves to make everything take longer instead of actually adding more to do. And this more than any of the other endless list of bs nexon puts us through is actually really turning me off this game.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited July 2019
    I remember hearing about that in the time leading up to the "tune up" patch last year. That someone of a high decision-making position on the game in Korea(director maybe, unsure) felt that the game allowed players to progress too quickly, and that the best way to handle people progressing too quickly was to kneecap and hamstring people who already put in the work.

The drop rate potential nerf, the negative changes to vanishing journey(lowering exp from mobs, removing drops from lantern erdas), it was all because this chucklehead thought players were going too fast. So, rather than adding meaningful, engaging content that legitimately took a significant investment of time, it was decided to simply make it harder for more people to get to that point, since meaningful content takes actual effort as opposed to just cutting a percentage off exp values.
    darik