[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Big Damage Numbers, Reduce with Universal Units

fidgetspinnerACEfidgetspinnerACE
Reactions: 1,465
edited July 2019 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Basically, damage numbers are meaningless the higher it gets, and even detrimental to game-play clarity. With the size and density of numbers, there should be a system in place that restricts them to a certain number of lines and number placements; i.e. have only 5 lines max with a big number denoting how many sets of 5 there are near the lines, same with how many digits are shown. Basically, it'd be an extension of the graphic used for crits, where it shows a hit effect and different colored numbers, but for large damage numbers instead. Possibly have the number be a different color too, for more clarity.

Note, that this isn't to make everyone's damage skin a unit damage, but have every damage skin be formatted to be like one.

I know we can adjust how to display damage numbers or have it removed entirely with a transparent damage skin, but wouldn't giving damage numbers meaning be better than just sidestepping the problem? Or idk, maybe the game shouldn't show the first few numbers if it reaches a certain number aka "1,000,000,000" would be seen in-game as "1,000,000...". I don't think anyone needs to know all the numbers at that point on the fly, and if they did, we have battle analysis for that.