[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Menu Merging

DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
Reactions: 7,195
edited July 2019 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Players understand that keyboard hotkeys is precious space for skills and menus, but the game has a plethora of menus, which does take up a lot of space. Some things are created nicely like how the Buddy Tab opens a tab that has close access to Boss, Party and the Blacklist. Meanwhile, equipment just opens equipment and inventory opens just inventories. Back in the Unleashed update, opening the equip tab also opened your stats icon for your attack and other stats. I am thinking about reintroducing that function so one menu could potentially open more that one. The options of which menus combine into each would ultimately be decided by the player similar how the ingame macro system works (even though it sucks.)

An example would be that old Unleashed example, but the equipment tab should have the ability to open the inventory. The world map could also be merged with quests. Opening keyboard settings could also open your skill tab and inventory for potions for easier potion and skill assigning as well as minimizing number of keyboard space needed.
  1. Keyboard merge idea?3 votes
    1. Yes
       67% (2 votes)
    2. No
       33% (1 vote)

Comments

• FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2019
    If you're using the mouse anyway, there's the quick menu that contains a good bit of stuff.
    I have all the menus I use regularly (with room for more) and 33 "hotkeys" setup.
    I think with a little bit of work, it's not too hard to find room for everything.
    Of course I use a controller so everything is easy to reach, results may vary on a keyboard.

Personally I'm against it unless this is optional, I'm fine with what opens what right now.
    Knowing Nexon, a change like this wouldn't be optional though. So again, I'm against.
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited August 2019
    Fuhreak wrote: »
    If you're using the mouse anyway, there's the quick menu that contains a good bit of stuff.
    I have all the menus I use regularly (with room for more) and 33 "hotkeys" setup.
    I think with a little bit of work, it's not too hard to find room for everything.
    Of course I use a controller so everything is easy to reach, results may vary on a keyboard.

Personally I'm against it unless this is optional, I'm fine with what opens what right now.
    Knowing Nexon, a change like this wouldn't be optional though. So again, I'm against.

It would an optional function. I personally would make:

Inventory + Equipment + Stat
    World Map + Quest Log
    Skills + Keysettings + Inventory
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2019
    Daxterbeer wrote: »
    Fuhreak wrote: »

It would an optional function. I personally would make:

Inventory + Equipment + Stat
    World Map + Quest Log
    Skills + Keysettings + Inventory

Just makes me think macros for these keys. I'd be all for that.