[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

I want to change my character name

NethanelNethanel
Reactions: 200
I want to change my character name because of the ''Discounted Character Name Change Coupon'' to my real life name , Nethanel . Unfortunately, I am unable to do that because that name is already taken, but when I check on the website under Player Rankings, It just doesn't exist and It can't be found. Also, I am quite sure that if this character exists it's an old character of mine on an old account that I used to play on when I was very young. I just want my character name to be my real life name, I really hope something can be done about it, Thank you.

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited August 2019
    I'd go poke support(live chat, not tickets), see if they can help you out any. No promises.
  • NethanelNethanel
    edited August 2019
    That's what I did and the GM sent me here with hope to get support from here.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,340
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2019
    If the name is not on rankings, then it is either on a very low leveled character (some classes don't show up on rankings until level 10) or on a banned account.
    In the former case, the name might be released if another name-purge event is held, and if the account it's on is inactive.
    If the name is on a banned account, however, it is unlikely to ever be released. In the last name-purge we had, banned accounts were excluded, so people don't take on names with a bad reputation (intentionally or not).

Customer Support can't yank a name from a character, even if it is on your old forgotten account, and give it to you. Nor can anyone on these forums.
    I assume the GM sent you here to try to drum up support for a name-purge event, not for a specific solution to your problem.
  • NethanelNethanel
    edited August 2019
    Why wouldn't banned accounts names be purged too? Unless they got banned for name itself..
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,340
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2019
    Nethanel wrote: »
    Why wouldn't banned accounts names be purged too? Unless they got banned for name itself..

Because, as I said, Nexon doesn't want people using the names of "famous" hackers, intentionally or otherwise.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited August 2019
    Why in the fresh hell do those idiots send people to the forums for this type of thing?

"Yeah I can't help you with your account-specific problem, you should go ask for help in the place where literally no one has the ability to deal with account-specific problems"

iGPftsf.png

And drumming up support for a name purge event? People drummed up support to change the goddamn time zone the game runs on back to PST after the EU merge and look where that got us.
    darik