[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Skill Properties

DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
Reactions: 7,195
edited September 2019 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
I am wondering if there should be a feature to give the player a hitbox that measures the skill's distance when you hover the cursor over the skill icon.
maplerange.php?ltx=-200&lty=-100&rbx=200&rby=30&size=1024
Southperry used to do these whenever KMS had a skill update that changes the hitbox.

For projectiles or ranged attacks that can curve and hit targets slightly above or below you (Quad Throw and Rapid Fire) the transparent hitbox would be a different color to show it is not a rectangular hitbox and is more of a range. Another similar one should show skills that move the character like how far a rush skill move you or a teleport will take you. Another few additions I would also like to see is if the skill can be casted while airborne and the attack intervals under your current conditions (green potion, boosters, IA, party members, etc.)

I find this tool to be useful for spacing attacks such as Marksmen who are trying to get DPS from being a certain distance from the boss, Night Walkers or for players trying to find experiment with grinding and being able to hit as many platforms as possible.

HuskyDMFuhreak

Comments

• HuskyDMHuskyDM
    Reactions: 3,745
    edited September 2019
    I love this idea. Some classes have some very wonky measurements for their hitbox, having this would make a lot of bosses a lot easier.
  • BeefBeef
    Reactions: 2,560
    edited September 2019
    debug mode
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited September 2019
    Beef wrote: »
    debug mode

Except there won't be any codes. This ain't Yanderedev's debug builds.