[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Request changes to Paladin

mutantpoptartmutantpoptart
Reactions: 200
edited September 2019 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
I have been main Paladin since pre-pirate, the class has been crippled by changes.

All other classes have at least 100 times higher damage output and I would like to suggest an increase in damage especially with recent changes to bosses and addition of the 200+ areas. There have been a lot of changes to the class without much consideration for what was already in place.

Paladins were originally 2 handed for best damage, so currently getting a double dose of damage reduction because of the damage nerf and damage reduction if you choose to use a 1 handed weapon and shield for defense .

Currently doing 1/4 damage output of pre big bang (which didn't have potentials,rebirth, totems, 4 ring slots, emblems, badges, arcane, hyper stats, inner abilities, etc.) with potentials,rebirth, star upgrades, totems, emblems, and badges etc.

Current state is an absolute joke. An increase of 10x damage would not even come close to any other class' damage output.

**** it would be OP because of defense - NO all classes have specific defense skills, Paladins can opt to use a shield. As with any other class, you can choose how to build it and no other class has seen such massive crippling.

Another change I would like to suggest is the replacement of the rush skill, rush has been redundant since the addition of close combat. Additionally, in the level 200+ areas the mobs don't even get pushed by it. Their attack animations cancel the effect and its absolutely useless. Suggest a stacking skill to give increased range of the pull on close combat to replace it.

This is a request for Nexon and I'm leaving it here -

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2019
    The game's developers are constantly working on balancing and rebalancing all the classes. They just released yet another balancing patch to their test server yesterday. While the balance can never be perfect in all situations (unless all classes are identical), they're doing a pretty good job (with the possible exception of Jett, a class KMS doesn't have).
    According to player-calculated DPS charts, the highest damage output class (Angelic Buster) doesn't even have double the DPS of the lowest class (Bishop). So, no class needs a 10x damage boost.
    According to those same charts, Paladin's damage output is right in the middle between Bishop and Hero. Seems reasonable, considering Paladin's superior survival and party utility, compared to Hero.

If you are doing "1/4 damage output of pre big bang" then you must be doing something wrong. Either you did not set your stats or skills, or you are using wrong/no gear, or you are trying to play your Paladin as you did before Big Bang. You can't. The class was changed multiple times since then. I recommend looking up a guide (either video or written), and, while you're at it, reading up a bit on the game in general to make sure you're using "potentials, rebirth, star upgrades" etc correctly.

P.S. Despite what it says in the description of the Shield Mastery skill, it works the same way with a two-handed weapon and a Rosary secondary.
    darikHuskyDM