[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Can't use enter keys on some of dialogue [edited]

Penguinz0Penguinz0
Reactions: 3,220
edited September 2019 in General Chat
For gollux entry and weapon/gear selection from pieces of CRA, I can't use enter to confirm. For gollux, you used to be able to simply press enter on go in page and boom, you're in. Now you have to click yes with your mouse. For CRA gear selection, you used to be able to press enter keys to confirm the gear u want to make. Now you have to do that with mouse. I'm sure there are more dialogue boxes that you can't navigate with keyboards that I haven't noticed. It's a little thing, but my god is it inconvenient as hell. Is this a bug?

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited September 2019
    Y and N default to selecting the Yes and No options, respectively.

You have, to my knowledge going back to when pirates came out, never been able to confirm a yes/no dialog window with enter; it always closes it.

The cra selection could possibly have been a change to keep people from stupiding their way into choosing the wrong thing.
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2019
    Aggraphine wrote: »

You have, to my knowledge going back to when pirates came out, never been able to confirm a yes/no dialog window with enter; it always closes it.

The cra selection could possibly have been a change to keep people from stupiding their way into choosing the wrong thing.

The issue with your yes/no statement is the dialogues the op's are referring to aren't the ones with the yellow yes and red no buttons, they're the ones with the blue text list, which on most dialogues you can click space/enter (depending on circumstance) to "confirm" your choice. And I could be remembering wrong, bu pretty sure Gollux was like what the op said and you could enter without using your mouse.
  • Penguinz0Penguinz0
    Reactions: 3,220
    edited September 2019

Have you never done gollux or something? This is the dialogue box I'm talking about

gollux.png

There's already 2nd dialogue box that comes out when you select a gear that asks you "Are you sure you want to get this gear?" Pretty safe to say we don't have to do anything for people who still get it wrong.
  • GenkaiX1GenkaiX1
    Reactions: 840
    edited September 2019
    I noticed this issue too. Could a forum moderator move this to the bug section?
  • HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2019
    Penguinz0 wrote: »

There's already 2nd dialogue box that comes out when you select a gear that asks you "Are you sure you want to get this gear?" Pretty safe to say we don't have to do anything for people who still get it wrong.

Additionally, symbol selection coupons and various other box rewards allow you to select by using arrow keys and enter as always.
    I'm gonna go ahead and say the CRA and Empress pieces not responding to this method anymore is a bug. Possibly since the addition of the Pathfinder weapon?
    A lot of boss-difficulty-selection dialogue gets bugged like this from time to time too. Gollux being non-KMS content doesn't help either.
    YinYangX
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2019
    So not sure if I imagined it, but I think this got fixed after v208 patch? At least for Gollux entry. Will double check again tomorrow.
  • HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2019
    Yeah, CRA and Empress pieces recognize arrows+enter again too.