[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Can't Ride Ghoulish Meso Cascade Mount

ABCZZTABCZZT
Reactions: 1,495
edited October 2019 in Bug Reporting
Bug Type: Functionality, maybe Quest

Whenever I try to activate the Ghoulish Meso Cascade Mount NPC, it gives me two lines of messages:
"You cannot board from this channel. Please try Channel 17."
"You cannot board from this channel. Please try Channel 17."
It tells me this even when I'm in channel 17.

I thought maybe it wasn't letting me on because I was using a beginner, or because I already had a Hallows Disco Chair in my inventory.
So I tried activating it with other characters. It still gives me the same message. It doesn't matter if it's Henesys or Leafre or Nameless Town.

Also, while I've seen messages about other people riding the Ghoulish Meso Cascade Mount,
when I go to the town it mentions, I never see a player actually riding it.

Perhaps I need to restart my computer?

Character name: CursedApple
Character level: 231
Character job: Beginner
World name: Elysium
Date and time: 6:00 a.m. EST

Edit 7:45 a.m. EST: Restarting my computer did not change anything.

Comments

• GoldAdventurerGoldAdventurer
    Reactions: 2,645
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2019
    Bug type: Event, functionality

Brief bug summary:
    Cannot pick up mesos dropped by a player who rides on the Ghoulish Meso Cascade Mount.

More details:
    A player just started riding on the Ghoulish Meso Cascade Mount at Nameless Town.
    Once the meso sacks started to drop, I was not able to pick up to dropped meso sacks.
    Other certain characters around were able to pick up the dropped meso sacks.
    Furthermore, the event is at channel 18 instead of 17.

Steps to reproduce:
    Pressing repeatedly the pick up key in attempt to pick up the dropped meso sacks, however could not pick it up.

Character name: --- (two characters on the same world and account)

Character level: 207, 201

Character job: Aran, Kaiser

World name: Luna

Date and time of the incident: 10/26/2019 at 12:05 CEST
  • GoldAdventurerGoldAdventurer
    Reactions: 2,645
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2019
    Hello there, it's a bug as well.
    As for now, you should be able ride the mount at channel 18 as it works there as well.
  • Dnaman101Dnaman101
    Reactions: 2,025
    edited October 2019
    must have been put done wrong because it doesn't work for me either on Ch17 but 18 worked without a problem

Edit: Nexon either needs to fix it to work in Ch17 or update the Halloween Event page/game to say Ch18