[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Fury Totem Accessibility Revamp

FutureChrisFutureChris
Reactions: 2,220
Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator, Private Tester
edited November 2019 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
[Preface]

Hello. My name is AxeChris, I am a 258 Kaiser on Reboot. As such, I’ll be writing this from a Rebooter’s perspective, but I’d imagine the ideas presented could be implemented into Reg servers without a problem.

[The Issue]

I recently came out of hardcore droplet farming in Lower Path 1 and suddenly found myself unable to truly grind on my main without use of a Fury Totem because of my kisher being stuck at Arcana levels. Laziness aside, I realized I could just snag a totem and head on over to Limen and grind in a spot the game actually wants me to grind. Great!

So after a few weeks, I go from 256 to 258 (40% as of writing this) and I feel great about it. No more having to worry about over leveling in fear of not having good meso rates, not having to worry about droplets; just me, Transcendions, and the mesos and nodes they drop. Now, I’ve run into an issue.

I ran outta reward points, and there’s no Fairy Bros. reward for RP or a Totem anytime soon. Most people would tell me to just do bosses on mules or on Reg servers to keep a constant stream of RP flowing, but here’s the thing: I don’t have the time for that anymore.

In fact, I’d imagine a lot of players nowadays aren’t down for the idea of spending hours doing the same bosses each week for 2/4/6 hours of training on their main. Nor do I think they’d be wanting to spend hundreds on NX for RP from there. So I got to thinking and I think I’ve found a solution.

[The Solution]

As Rebooters would tell you, various extra things can be found in the Henesys general store, such as Flames, Cubes, Pendant expansion coupons, and so on. Here’s my proposal:

Fury Totem coupons in the Henesys store for 250m. Same thing as the RP shop. Same duration, effect, and all that jazz. (For the record, buying 15 would cost about 3.75b, but that shouldn’t be an isuse if you’re a farmer.)

Before the question is asked, this is IN ADDITION to the totems in the reward point shop. This would not hinder anyone who likes using their RP on totems, just giving the option to obtain them in an alternative way.

[Why?]
The concept for the Fury Totem was a simple band-aid solution for Kish, allowing anyone to use it for about 2 hours. However, I feel the execution and accessibility of having it in the RP shop, as well as an event shop item or Fairy Bros. reward is basically telling the community to just not bother and immediately go back to their kish mules, completely throwing it under the bus.

With the totem being readily available in the Henesys General Store in Reboot, alongside Matilda’s shop in Regular servers, I feel this would provide newer players with a progression tool and end-game maple vets with a better means to go for 275, without having to go through the hassle of funding a Kisher to 255+, bugging a friend for kish, or shelling out a bunch of money/mesos for Frenzy services.

[In Summary]
The current means of getting a Fury Totem can be extremely difficult or tedious for players who might not have the hours to kill anymore. My idea is to have the totem in the Henesys General in Reboot, or in Matilda’s shop in Regular servers for 250m a pop.

Thank you for reading this post! If possible, please consider voting for the poll to show your support (or otherwise) for this idea. If you’d like to chime in on how this would affect you, positively or negatively, go for it. Additionally, spread this around to your friends, guild, and alliance as well! The more people on board, the better.
WONDERGUYdarik
  1. Should Fury Totems be available to purchase via meso alongside RP?8 votes
    1. Yes.
       100% (8 votes)
    2. No.
       0% (0 votes)

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2019
    Consider:
    Nexon has nerfed Kishin and removed Frenzy Totem from Marvel Machine and Philosopher Books.
    Do you really think they want us to have better access to spawn enhancements?
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited November 2019
    AKradian wrote: »
    Consider:
    Nexon has nerfed Kishin and removed Frenzy Totem from Marvel Machine and Philosopher Books.

Then why even bother going through the trouble of turning kishin into an item?
    Fuhreakdarik
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2019
    Consider:

Regardless of what Nexon wants, players should still voice opinions even if they're unlikely to happen.
    darik
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited November 2019
    Fuhreak wrote: »
    Consider:

Regardless of what Nexon wants, players should still voice opinions even if they're unlikely to happen.

That's basically what this section of the forums is for, no?
    Fuhreak
  • BeefBeef
    Reactions: 2,560
    edited November 2019
    Frenzy in gacha for Reboot and Reg thx.