[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Laptop Lid Down "Do Nothing"

DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
Reactions: 7,195
edited December 2019 in General Chat
After setting my power options to "Do Nothing" when the lid is down, I see the display turn off when I almost done closing the lid. The screen takes a split second to resume when I open the lid. I am concerned about this setting as I want to coin cap on my laptops while I am sleeping. Seeing the screen go off makes me nervous. They was a brief episode that I experience that turning off my monitor my desktop closes the game client as though it were sleep mode.

How I coin cap at night involves putting pillowcases over the screens of my laptop as though I were some time of terrorists killing hostages so I can keep my room fairly dark. Is it safe to keep my lid down to cap coins as long as I set it correctly in the power options?

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited December 2019
    It's literally just turning the display off. I have two laptops that do the exact same thing. As long as the power settings are set, as you have them, to "do nothing" when the lid is closed, you'll be fine. It's no different from having a desktop monitor that you turn off while leaving your PC running.
    Pride