[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.251 - GO WEST! Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Maplestory randomly crashes my PC

MyFirstTurtwigMyFirstTurtwig
in Tech Support
Hi all,

Kinda embarassing to say but whenever i play maple, my PC will randomly freeze then restart. It happens really randomly and I've had it happen in town, in mobbing fields, in the cash shop and even in the auction house.

I've had this PC for 8 months now, and only in Maplestory does this happen. I play other games as well all which are more new and intensive than Maple but never receive this issue. I also tried running it through steam + nexon launcher on both my SSD and HDD

Maple + Nexon Launcher + Steam are all allowed through firewall also

Saw similar threads and none of the solutions fixed my problem

Tested all of my hardware + monitored temperature

and everything seemed normal

For reference here is my specs

ASrock B450 Gaming K4 Motherboard

AMD Ryzen 1600 CPU

AMD Radeon 470 4GB GPU

16 GB ADATA DDR4 3000 RAM

850W Gold Power Supply

Comments

• NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited January 2020
    Your computer restarting entirely would indicate a hardware or driver issue. Possibly a driver issue if the error only occurs when running Maple. You should identify the cause of the restart by doing the following:
    • Open System>Advanced system settings>Advanced tab>Startup and Recovery>Settings
    • Uncheck "Automatically restart"
    • Click "Apply" or "Ok" to exit
    If such a crash occurs again, your computer will display the error message. Some of the more common Stop Error messages are listed in this post.
    YinYangX
  • Cuurimm1Cuurimm1
    Reactions: 100
    Hey, I'm also having the same issue except I'm using a Ryzen 5 1500X and GTX 1060.
    If you have a solution, please let me know, thanks!
  • KilimanKiliman
    Im having the same issue, i tried everything and still crash my pc, it has to be some problem with the game cuz it only happens when i play maple, i can play other games normally
  • MiirageMiirage
    got this problem recently.