[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Using public wifi might cause you ban

TreatUsBetterTreatUsBetter
Reactions: 205
edited January 2020 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
https://www.reddit.com/r/Maplestory/comments/esejmc/weird_ban_at_internet_cafe/

People whoever use public wifi, BE ALERT. Nexon can just ban your account permanently without any warning.

I personally have submitted more than 5 tickets which all got denied. Now I am about to get ban from their customer service. I asked them to look up everything what I have done because I know I did nothing wrong except creating a new character on a flagged ip (which I had no idea at all) they just don't care.

I have spent more than $2000 this game but this is so ridiculous how they treat their customers. Hope you guys don't get falsey ban just like we did. Just make sure you guys don't create a new character when you use public wifi (library, internet cafe, dorm etc)
darik

Comments

• FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2020
    Seems like a good example of the ol' "Don't do anything important on public wifi."
    Nexon's biggest issue is community communication. Just remember that spamming the ticket system is the fastest way to never see your character(s) again.
    If you're going to make a ticket it's probably best to create one and then wait awhile before creating a new one.
    This will give Nexon time to forgive you for asking the same question again and you might get a GM that knows more about the game.
    Good luck to any and all legit players who were affected by this. Remember: We can't help you here.
    darikTreatUsBetter