[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Recovering my OLD account?

ZoakoTHEdratZoakoTHEdrat
Reactions: 200
edited February 2020 in Tech Support
II haven't played this game in I'm not sure how long. I thought my old account was lost for good but I want to know for sure. I have access to the two email addresses I remember from the time but the accounts attached to those emails this one and the other (. My primary character on that account was named Zoako and when I tried to create a new character it indicated the name was taken. So I wonder does my account and characters (Which also Included Zoako, ZhaoZhii, Zoakomakatu, and others) still exist? The Zoako name is very much my thing and in the attached images i show I have heavily used and still use the name across the internet. Could I potentially have some way to prove certain that this is me those are my characters and and find out what email address is bound to those characters and their account (Which originally existed on the now merged Mardia world like the character Zoako2 on this account) . Whatever the email address is it's probably backup connected to one of these two I used at the time.
[Note that whatever account those characters are on it's probably not "Zoako-something" as I don't remember coining the name until I made the character. It came from the friend who introduced me to MapleStory calling me "Zoak" for some reason I don't remember (my name real name is Zach)]
Just a few of my uses of the name across the years:
everyone_happy_deviantart_screenshot_by_zoakothegreat_ddquoqx-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NzIwIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvMjA0NWY3YTgtZGEzMi00NTVhLTgxMmEtYTlkYjk5MmVhZjdiXC9kZHF1b3F4LThjZjIwZDg2LTllZDctNDY0ZC05YTk4LTk2NWQ3NmYwMjAxYS5wbmciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTI4MCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.rFpPfCO6vY3X_UgfAVnjdKriehizhikjYjnOkNkNiUY

zoako_mtg_arena_screenshot_by_zoakothegreat_ddquoju-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NzIwIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvMjA0NWY3YTgtZGEzMi00NTVhLTgxMmEtYTlkYjk5MmVhZjdiXC9kZHF1b2p1LTRmNDEzZmFiLWE3NGUtNDJkMy1hNzU0LTE2YTBkYmZlYTIyNC5wbmciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTI4MCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.mswYqhwGCLv4gefG9rnd8ZEdYh7vWmCW6HhVUfwktCI

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited February 2020
    Though this section makes the questionable claim that support staff monitor it, it's freely visible to all, so I would strongly advise you to remove your email addresses and screenshots 2, 5 and 6.

Then contact support and see what they can do.
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited February 2020
    Your character names (Zoako, ZhaoZhii, Zoakomakatu) do not show up on the rankings, so I do not know what happened to them. Someone could have taken the names after the name wipe some time ago. This does not mean your characters are gone, but if you want to use those characters you'll need to buy a name change coupon.
    There is a level 70 warrior named "Zoak" on Aurora:
    PABCEGIIICHIHOPGGLGCLLGIDDBNJFPIHOIDPMAKMFHEIPOHMBPCCFOHNDNOHGPKGFMLBKGMBODLIHBKFBDNFFMAFCLICMAGJOFMEGAECGCPCPGOMABEIJLDKKEKJKIHMHOMCPFFOACNICDEBAPLDNBMBABOFAIFAPLPAFBJPADDMEJEPBKMDMMBBFONLIJMJOJPPMDPFEBDMDCKOPJKGPNDAKMDLOLFHFCMJFLDHNDOJJBPDAKHDPALOIFENHKD.png
    I do not know if this is you or not.

You can contact support and try to have them assist with the recovery or initiate an email change, but you will need the information listed here. Support has also commonly asked for some form of identification, such as a driver's license or passport, for use in account recovery.