[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

game says I logged in with a different ip address?

TerrorStreakTerrorStreak
Reactions: 2,320
edited March 2020 in Tech Support
Power was out for >12 hours over night. I logged back in to maple after the outage and went to auction house to collect my mesos/renew my auctions, and could not. The game gave me a message saying I am connecting from a different ip address since the last time i was logged in. Is it normal for a lengthy power outage to cause my router or fibre optic modem to give my computer a new ip address? I do not use a VPN. After waiting like 10-15 mins I was able to interact with my auction house items again... soo weird.

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited March 2020
    It happened after the update on Wednesday. Quite a few people, myself among them, got hit by it. Once it goes away after 10-15 minutes it doesn't seem to come back, so you should be good.
  • TerrorStreakTerrorStreak
    Reactions: 2,320
    edited March 2020
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    It happened after the update on Wednesday. Quite a few people, myself among them, got hit by it. Once it goes away after 10-15 minutes it doesn't seem to come back, so you should be good.

Oh so i wasn't alone in this, thanks Aggraphine