[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Cadena Maelstrom graphics

zmintzmint
Reactions: 635
edited March 2020 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
I’m kind of new to the game, and so far I like playing cadena. Im not lvl 200, but I know about the skill Maelstrom for 5th job from youtube videos. It’s used in bossing as well as mobbing, and the graphics of the move make it hard to see what the character is doing. The move shows a chain with red-pinkish splotches in the background, and if something is hit, the area has a white diamond shaped indicator. The white diamond blocks the boss, you can’t even see what the boss is about to do. Most cadena videos have transparent skills, but in the ones with full opacity, there are times where even I don’t know where their character is. Its hidden in the maelstrom.

I know I can make my skills transparent, but I like being able to see my character do my skills, and it’s nice if someone makes a cadena video and people can actually see the graphics and know what skills they are using.

And the thing is, so far I can have full opacity yet still see everything thats going on. The Maelstrom skill is the only skill that’s going to make the whole area around the character and boss cloudy.

I want to suggest to make the “maelstrom” a little thinner. Maybe dont include the red-pinkish splotches so the chain which is thin is the only obstruction. Also make the white diamond indication that something is hit smaller and thinner so the boss is still visible. Maelstrom is a move that is set in place for a few seconds and resummoned with no cooldown, so it sucks to always have the boss covered by white diamonds.