[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

My take on Maplestory in 2020

xXSwishaXxxXSwishaXx
Reactions: 100
edited March 2020 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Honestly I don't know where to start... Mostly just a rant about what i'd like to see changed.

1.Party quests-Do you remember waiting in Kerning City to get a party of at least 4 to take on the crocos and kill king slime? Remember doing the Ludi Maze Pq and killing Alishar? I certainly do, but I'll never do it again because this game can be played without doing a single one. If you're going to abandon these, at least make them solo-able.(1 person required).
2.Quest line stories-You do not need to add cinematics to the quest story line. These are annoying and just slow things down.Most notably Mushroom kingdom.Don't let Violetta tell me i'm glad to carry her. I'm not.
3.Reboot items untradable between characters-Let me give my own characters OP weapons.You used to before, why the change? Go back.
4.Cash shop library-Make everything available in every World.Why are you limiting us?

Comments

• FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2020
    1. Party Quests need a revamp, not a band-aid slapped on.
    2. They're part of the story and charm. If you don't like them, ignore them. You're lucky most of them allow you to spacebar through anyway.
    3. No. This is the whole point of reboot. "Go back" is playing a regular server. Try reading up on reboot before you start complaining about it.
    4. Eh.
    5. We don't talk about that here, it's against the rules.

You sound like you're another person who came back after X Years of not playing because "Big bang killed MapleStory".
    Play for a few months and get used to the game as it exists now, read the forum rules, learn the culture of new maple.
    Reboot is a server with its own rules. There is a reason why trading equipment isn't allowed. If you want trading, play a regular server.
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited March 2020
    Legacy server discussion is against the rules on this forum.
    http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/6835/code-of-conduct#latest
    Old Maple
    - Do not create threads pertaining to Old Maple Servers, Legacy Server, Pre-Big Bang Servers, etc. You can talk about previous verions of MapleStory for memories and nostalgia's sake, but discussions surrounding starting up new services or servers are not allowed.

Because of the others I have removed the specific suggestion rather than lock the thread.
  • HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2020
    xXSwishaXx wrote: »
    3.Reboot items untradable between characters-Let me give my own characters OP weapons.You used to before, why the change? Go back.

Transferring equips between characters was never possible in Reboot. There was no change.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited March 2020
    Fuhreak wrote: »
    You sound like you're another person who came back after X Years of not playing because "Big bang killed MapleStory"

Sounds like they came back after not playing for ten years, saw reboot and thought "oh I guess they finally realized big bang sucked and put up an old server". And when that was not the case, they came here to cry about it, thinking everything about reboot was the norm nowadays. The now-deleted #5 leads me to believe this.
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2020
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    ...thinking everything about reboot was the norm nowadays.
    We need more warning labels on exactly what Reboot is.
    Arch_Alyssa
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited March 2020
    Fuhreak wrote: »
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    ...thinking everything about reboot was the norm nowadays.
    We need more warning labels on exactly what Reboot is.

The reboot patch notes themselves don't really help the "warning labels" thing...
    Go back to MapleStory’s RPG roots in Reboot
    The new Reboot world brings MapleStory back to its roots as a hardcore RPG, offering many changes that will prove to be a new challenge.

Which a lot of people have apparently thought, over the past four years and change, means "this is a classic-version server", instead of "current version but with server-specific differences".
    Arch_AlyssaSlicedTime