[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

I got banned for absolute no reason!

SugarWaySugarWay
Reactions: 200
in Rants and Raves
I was doing my own stuff, training my Kanna and getting some mesos for a few hours.
I've decided to kill my account multiple times so the mesos % wont decrease and suddenly I got banned! I didn't used any hack or anything, I was on the account and got shocked!
I was unable to play maplestory for so long because of University and work, but now durning quaratine i had some time! but I got banned!
I even bought my 2nd pet 4 hours ago and had fun!

Did random unreasonable bans happend to anyone else? How long will it take to nexon staff to answer my mail i sent them?
This is really frustrating! It's absolute unimaginable for me to be in this situation.

Hope anyone relevant or even one of nexon staff member will answer this discussion and will help me in this situation.

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2020
    Ban appeals should be made on the Customer Support website (http://support-maplestory.nexon.net), not these forums.

However, what you were doing has already been declared bannable:
    From Maple Memo: v208 Status Update – November 15
    Community Topic on Recent Kanna Bans
    We saw that players have recently been discussing about the recent Kanna bans (Community calls this practice 'Suicide Kanna’) and whether this activity should be suspended or not. Even though it is not related to the use of an illicit program, this can be considered as an activity that exploits the game feature as the maps are designed to be used by players at a certain level. Repeatedly dying on a character with the purpose to stay on the map and taking severe advantage of it is an unintended behavior, which is why we decided to maintain the suspension on the affected accounts. I hope this will clarify our stance towards the activity.

Also, for your information, if you get another chance or make a new account: The latest patch changed Malaysia maps to no longer drop more meso than other maps at the same level range. So there is no longer any reason to kill your Kanna to keep it in level range. Keep leveling and going to higher level areas that give more meso.