[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Give invincible time when logging in

BorgaBorga
Reactions: 1,065
edited April 2020 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
I've died again today just because I logged off on the arcane river monster area.
Maplestory takes quite long to load, and those white event box that pops up at the start makes loading time even longer.
Which gives those floating mobs enough time to kill me. I can't drink potion, move or what so ever until I close that white event box.

Please give invincible time when logging in, or remove those event box loading at the start. Or maybe you could add alternate safe map that would teleport you back to the map you were in before logging off.
PerezDeQueya80darik

Comments

• FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2020
    An alternative to this is to do what some other games do and just teleport players to the nearest town when they log out.
    Nearest town teleport scrolls are cheap as dirt so it can't be abused in that sense. However this does negatively impact people who actually wanted to stay in that map.
    i-frames when logging in is probably the way to go about this. If done correctly, this is the option I would prefer.
    In-Game News box should also be removed until it stops lagging people, or just removed entirely since it keeps happening.
  • LatemasterLatemaster
    Reactions: 1,780
    edited April 2020
    that ingame news box is just so useless, it should be atleast be possible to disable from options.
    Sending ppl to nearest town causes some harm to ppl who are grinding and dc during it or just left the char to boss entrance w8ing for next day.
    PerezDeQueya80