[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.254 - Midnight Carnival - Ludibrium Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Returning to maple story after ten+ years..

KaggusKaggus
Reactions: 100
in General Chat
So... when I was in Highschool back in 2006-2008 I started playing maplestory. If I remember correctly there were only 3 worlds Scania, Bera and Bora. I wonder how much has changed since then and if anyone else has been playing since then

Comments

• FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,620
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2020
    Plenty of players still play. A lot has changed. Just play the game and talk to people in real-time and you'll find out soon enough what exactly is different now.
  • HuskyDMHuskyDM
    Reactions: 3,745
    edited April 2020
    Kaggus wrote: »
    So... when I was in Highschool back in 2006-2008 I started playing maplestory. If I remember correctly there were only 3 worlds Scania, Bera and Bora. I wonder how much has changed since then and if anyone else has been playing since then

Oh boy, I started in 2012 and there were like 15 worlds. The worlds got reduced to just 5: Bera, Scania, Aurora and Elysium, the last two being a merge of the least populated servers, and Reboot. Reboot is a special server with no Pay 2 Win mechanics, everything is gotten by merit (read:mesos) alone and have some other differences. Most areas have gotten revamped over time, plenty removed, Black Mage got released last year in November so there is a proper ending to the game. Getting from 10-200 takes a month or less if you ignore all questlines and dungeons, and like 2-3 months if you play them all (which I suggest at least once, they are good). You need several characters at at least 140 to make the best out of Link Skills and the brand new Legion and they both are mandatory for the high end bosses. There are plenty of new characters, at least 2 are released per year so there is plenty to choose from.
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,620
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2020
    HuskyDM wrote: »
    Black Mage got released last year in November so there is a proper ending to the game.

More like we finally finished the first arc.