[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Time to again consider allowing cash 2x coupons

JushiroNetJushiroNet
Reactions: 6,160
Member, Private Tester
edited May 2020 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Cash exp coupons are currently disabled for characters level 250-275.

It was original suggested that this was to "protect the rankings". It's unclear how a single source of advantage is not OK, and others like frenzy totem ARE OK. However, if we accept that the ranks needed this protection then has 1.5 years been long enough? Can we enable them now?

If the ranks are so precious why are cash exp coupons allowed for 1-250 in the first place? It should be all or nothing is my only point here.

People often say reboot and maplestory are different games, and I'll agree to that. Do we think that taking more than twice as long to reach max level should be one of those differences though? Enabling these exp coupons will allow maplestory players to save time reaching the level cap.

Keep in mind I am open to other possible changes that achieve the same end goal. For example we could have more monster diversity in maplestory. In the same way that reboot has much higher HP/Exp mobs we could also have varied difficulty within the end game zones. Perhaps each region has 3 tiers of monsters. The current HP/Exp/etc being tier 2, tier 1 being lower hp variants, and tier 3 being 3x HP and Exp. Each map would be a single 'tier' and deeper maps would be stronger. There would be at least one t1 map available for each monster. Changes like this of course, even if we agree on them, are never going to happen. It's a lot easier to just ask them to turn on something they're going to enable eventually anyway.
GenkaiX1TerrorStreak

Comments

• JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2020
    Because people love to cite precedent I thought I would check when 250 was enabled and when 2x coupons were enabled for 200-250.

250 level cap added: Roughly June 13, 2013
    2x coupons enabled for 200-250: May 19, 2015

This means there was slightly less than a 2 year gap between the new level cap and enabling exp coupons. This would suggest that if nexon plans on following the same pattern as before then 2x coupons should be considered for the Winter 2020-2021 update.

275 level cap added: Jan 22, 2019
    2x coupons enabled for 250-275: December 2020? January 2021?
    JettLuvsU
  • TerrorStreakTerrorStreak
    Reactions: 2,320
    edited May 2020
    Yeah I agree the maniac competitors have all already reached 275. I have been waiting and will continue to wait for 2X cs exp coupons for 250->275, I have leveled to 250->253 only made possible by typhoon growth potions. At the rate I level since I absolutely refuse to use frenzy at this currrent rate it would take me about 3 years to level from 253 to 275 =(. So i do not even bother.
  • AaronHuskyAaronHusky
    Reactions: 2,485
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2020
    I do think it's time to remove the restriction on 2x cash coupons for players above 250. Multiple people have reached 275 without them. The restriction feels arbitrary at this point.
  • LatemasterLatemaster
    Reactions: 1,780
    edited May 2020
    just counting the exp gains/mobs tells enough. MTS2 you get 3020m/mob with all exp buffs, vc3 you get 3,7mm/mob until 250 and 3,1m/mob after 250. And limina should be around 3,3m so maby 245-250 is bit quick but 250+ isn't that bad if you just grind. Atleast you don't need to take full advantage of 24h 2x card after 250 so grinding 2h every now and then is fine and you don't lose any exp gain over from guy who is doing 16h grind day twice/month