[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Account-wide guild chat

CannonizeCannonize
Reactions: 605
edited June 2020 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Dear Guys,

I'd like to see in Maple a guild chat in which one can talk with his guildmates when logged in to another character on the same server. I'm talking about making a drop-down list when clicked on the "Guild" button in the chat text field, selecting the desired guild (some players may have joined more than 1 guild with their characters), and then sending & receiving messages to and from that guild. The player would be visible to guild members by his main's character name and his new character like this:

MainCharName (SecondCharName): Message here.

What do you think? Is it a good idea? Do you have any suggestions, feel free to post below!

1. Would you like to have account-wide guild chat?4 votes
    1. Yes
       100% (4 votes)
    2. No
       0% (0 votes)

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2020
    The new minimum level of 101 to join a guild does indeed present a problem. I know the people in my alliance who are leveling a new character, burning or not, feel lonely when they can't talk to the rest of us.
    Your suggestion could solve that problem, although it would need to include Alliance as well as Guild.
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2020
    Adding some kind of "mule" system to the guild sounds like a good idea to me, this frees up guild slots for actual humans.
    However I think we'd need another kind of revamp to get something along those lines. A better form of "chat room" is needed imo.
    Something along the lines of buddy chat, but less chaotic and more synced up.
    If Guild/Alliance chat could invite non guild/alliance members to their chat, it would solve some issues.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited June 2020
    Could just make guilds server-wide. Your account, rather than your character, joins the guild. Would require having an account name tied to things, might give use to the long-defunct account names of old again, though they'd likely have to implement a way for us to change or first-time-set them.