[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.253 - MapleStory x BUGCAT CAPOO Patch Note Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Dcing while using Black cube SOFTLOCKED the chara

LichWizLichWiz
Reactions: 200
edited June 2020 in Bug Reporting
IGN: ComboLich
TL;DR of the bug: If you dc after using a black cube, and the game loads a "sunny sunday" prompt on the screen when you log on, you will be unable to click the X and be unable to preform ANY action on the character.
How to recreate: In days where a sunny sunday prompt is active, DC your game when you are in the middle of a black cube selection screen [and i bet it will happen with basically any selection prompt that stays on after you relog]. When you enter the character again, the bug will happen, and keep on happening every time you log on.
More details:
An hour ago I started cubing some of my items, and while i was cubing my emblem, the game randomly crashed. I tried logging back in, and when i entered, i was unable to click the X to close the sunny sunday prompt. I was unable to also move my character, talk in chat, open tabs, and basically any actions.
but then i noticed the selection screen for the cube was behind the sunny sunday, and figured "oh I guess ill need to select the cube option i want and it will release me". But when i clicked it, nothing happened. After a lot of mashing buttons to see what works, i noticed that if i spammed the selection, then clicked ESC, i had access to the options tab, but from there i still didn't have any action that was able to free me from the situation.
I tried restarting the client, i tried restarting my PC, i don't think its a bug related to my setup. Its clearly some coding mistake related to the fact that these two prompts both require the player to click something before they allow them to continue moving and doing stuff.

I hope that by monday the prompt will be gone and ill be able to actuall play my character again, but either way, this bug is gamebreaking and should be taken care of as its not that hard to reach a situation where you dc while black cubing or chaos circulatoring

Edit: I'm in a reboot world, happened about 2 hours before server reset today [13/6/20]

These are two images i got of the bug:
r7fdR2S.png
ck6B20L.jpg

On the second image, you can see that when i try to change character, the entire client glitches, leaving only the sunny sunday and cube selection on screen [which makes me suspect that these two together are to blame even more]

Comments

• LichWizLichWiz
    edited June 2020
    Small clarification, this only locks the specific character, any other character within the account still works fine. Shame this had to happen on my main tho >.>
  • LichWizLichWiz
    edited June 2020
    Update: as i predicted, today (monday), after the sunny sunday message stopped appearing every log-in, i was finally able to select a cube option, and return to moving again.
    So this bug fixes itself once the time runs out, but it still sucks because i have items with a time limit, and i missed out on events :/
    I hope that this weird bug will be addressed
  • l_ssaxl_ssax
    Reactions: 100
    edited July 2020
    I experienced the same glitch and after quite a while of fiddling around I fixed it. Re-log and drag the potential window to the side, then press Enter on your keyboard. That should get rid of the potential selection window and let you ESC out of the Sunny Sunday message. Not sure if it works for everyone but it did for me and a friend. SMH for spaghetti code and logic though...
  • EXPstarEXPstar
    Reactions: 130
    l_ssax wrote: »
    I experienced the same glitch and after quite a while of fiddling around I fixed it. Re-log and drag the potential window to the side, then press Enter on your keyboard. That should get rid of the potential selection window and let you ESC out of the Sunny Sunday message. Not sure if it works for everyone but it did for me and a friend. SMH for spaghetti code and logic though...

O god you are my savior thank you so much I was able to fix this. You sir should be hired to fix maplestory! You just saved my main character career with this