This is going to be a long rant. Ever since SavageAce left his position as a producer for GMS, the game has been going downhill.
The first patch after SavageAce left; the Worlds Unite one, was a great patch. It had the least number of bugs. The only bad thing that happened after that patch was that the auction house was disabled for maintenance and bug fixes, which is fine.
The next patches were the worst of the worst. Non-KMS content started getting damaged and damaged and fading slowly but surely. First Non-KMS content that got damaged is Tot’s Know How. They removed all the gear you get from level 20-60. They removed the Hyper Teleport Rocket from it, which made leveling mules take longer. They also removed the hair and face slots, which were tradeable, which was a great way to increase your face and hair slot for basically free. The rewards for the current Tot’s Know How is if I remember correctly, level 30 gear and a Puffram Pet that lasts for only 3 days.
The next Non-KMS content that got a great quality of life was Gollux, it no longer required you to complete the annoying prequest, and you had to be level 170 to be able to enter it. But, on the 15th Anniversary patch, they made Hellux (highest Gollux difficulty) a very very hard boss that required good gear. Hellux has like 770 billion HP. New players are having a hard time obtaining these BiS accessories. And they also made these accessories so valuable in the Regular Servers. They also destroyed Gollux Mules in these servers, making Mesos very very hard to make.
Another Non-KMS content that has been destroyed is Bye Bye farming. Nexon destroyed it by making Bye Bye station a normal grinding place. They made the monsters level 170+. They also made them drop only 1 meso bag. Back then, meso farming in Reboot was very easy; get a Kanna to level 149, farm in Bye Bye station, and suicide every time you are about to level. What did Nexon do? They made suicide farming against the Terms of Service. Clearly, they don’t even play their game. What is worse than this is that they refused to unban all the suicide kannas after the maple memo regarding suicide farming.
What was Bye Bye farming replaced with? A Maple Tour. It is basically another ursus, but the problem is that you have to wait a whole week in order to get 100% of the Mesos from Maple Tour. And here’s the catch: If you had maple points in reboot, you get more Mesos from Maple Tour than the players who do not have maple points. Clearly Pay to Win. Wasn’t Reboot intended to be the “F2P” server? Nexon doesn’t know how to keep promises.
And here we are at the present, Nexon nerfs Kishin. Reason? No reason at all. Nexon clearly doesn’t play their game. And they made upkeeping kishin as a Kanna main a pain, which really sucks for Kanna mains, including me. And they killed every single Kanna mule. Why? Why can’t they just increase the base spawn to the Frenzy Levels? Is it really hard? I doubt it. As for the people who are like “but my black totem with the yellow cross” grow up, nobody forced you to spend 5 million dollars on a pixel 2d game. They also replaced Fury Totem with a ‘Wild’ Totem, as if that makes things better. Nexon, if you want to remove Kishin, REMOVE it. Don’t nerf it slowly for no reason. Nexon clearly does not care about what the players want.
Also, why did Nexon make Protection Scrolls unobtainable? Do they REALLY hate F2P players?
We, the community, want these 4 changes.
- Remove all spawn enhancers except frenzy totem
- After removing the ability to enhance the spawn rate from frenzy, give it another ability like the one with BoD
- Enhance the base spawn to frenzy levels
This thread will once again be ignored by Nexon. I don’t know why am I even writing this if it is going to be ignored.
TL;DR: Nexon did a lot of sins which are caused by not listening to the player feedback, and they hate f2p players, and they keep nerfing Kishin.
EDIT : Here is another list of the bad things that happened after SavageAce left.
- 24 Hour Character Deletion regardless of level or when the character has been made.
- Non-Reboot changes to Buff Freezers and Safety Charms to have expiry dates upon purchase.
- Removal of Blackgate City.
- Removal of Regular and VIP Hairstyle and Face Coupons.
- Reduced rates for Malaysia influencing Kanna farmers to invade Arcane River.
- The introduction of Phantom Forest making it dead content upon arrival with Masteria's Legacy Set and the Star Force costs with Shadowknight Coins taking 10 years on average to 22 Stars per equip. The content itself is prone to headaches, nausea, or vomiting.
- Changes to the Familiar System which made it more P2W in regular servers and grind intensive in Reboot. It is currently disabled due to poor testing and save issues making people lose familiars.
- The removal of Protection and Shield Scrolls from Elite monster drops in Non-Reboot forcing players to spend Reward Points or NX Cash.