[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Losing buffs after getting DCed

kaopikaopi
Reactions: 845
edited July 2020 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Hello,

Lately, while farming, the game has been disconnecting me to the main screen. I can instantly go in after this happens, but I lose buffs such as the Legion meso buff, and the monster park green potion. There are other buffs I keep like some exp buffs, and the monsters park gold potion, so I don't understand the reasoning behind why I lose the others.

Since the game disconnecting you is something that is beyond the control of players (I have a computer capable of running much more demanding games, and my internet is fast), I don't think it is fair to punish players for it by taking their buffs. Please let players keep their buffs after being logged out, to avoid losing them because the game kicked them out. The mechanism to do this is there since it works with some buffs already, so it shouldn't be an issue to implement the same mechanism to others buffs.

Thank you!