[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Locked out of account

GodofMachinesGodofMachines
Reactions: 100
in Tech Support

I was trying to do the Adele story quest on my account on Computer 1(main), but the story quest cutscene keeps crashing my client(the part that says "You who are beloved by the sword" or something. This is another issue, but I can ignore it for now because I'll probably skip the quest if I can get back in game. I'll create a ticket for it later if I remember, but if not this is something to be passed along to the people responsible for fixing in-game issues.).

After that, I tried to log in on my account on Computer 2(my other one I use for Kanna), but it says it didn't recognize (obviously since I never logged in on Comp2 with my main account), so I had to go to Gmail to get the verification code. My Gmail is blocked by Google because it says the device is different (it isn't, btw, this is my main computer I've been using for 8+ years) so I can't get the code to unlock my Maple account. At that point, I said screw it and tried to just go back to Comp1, but it now ALSO DOES NOT RECOGNIZE MY ACCOUNT. Therefore, I am locked out with no way to get in.

Additional details: I use this computer for Maple, Gmail, and everything else. Literally logged in to my account not even 3 or 4 hours ago, but can't anymore because I tried logging in on another computer that also belongs to me in my room.

Can't get into my account because the gmail linked to this account is blocked and I can't verify it because Google is being stupid and saying my computer/device is different even though this is the computer I've been using for past 8+ years. Because of that, I can't get into my account that I just logged in to a few hours ago. Any help other than requiring me to get into the gmail would be appreciated. I know the username and password but Google is restricting my access. I cannot provide any personal or specific details since this account was made when I was 11 or so and cannot remember the nonsense I filled in (very sorry, but that's just how I was back then), but I was online just a few hours ago. I can provide my phone number or an alternate email. Please, I just want to play Maple. I didn't think the Adele story quest would cause all this trouble.

Copy and paste of a ticket I submitted but haven't gotten a response yet after 4 hours. Anyone knows how long it takes? The response better not be sent to the gmail...

Anyone know anything I can do or am I screwed? All I wanted to do was try if my second comp can finish the Adele story and now I'm locked out of my account. Yes, I immediately regret ever trying that and should've just accepted that my Adele would be weaker(losing 7% ATT and 9% Crit Dmg). I'm still trying to recover my gmail but that account is so old that it doesn't have a recover email or phone. I'm willing to provide one, but it won't let me.

Is there a way for Nexon to send the code to a different email not linked to the account or my phone instead? Unless Google releases my gmail, there isn't any way I can give Nexon the code to verify my account, which means I can't play. I really don't want to give up right now since I'm still working on some solo prog on Reboot. Many will prob meme and say that this is a good opportunity to quit, but I don't want it to end like this.

Maple is time sensitive and if I can't get in I lose out so much coins and dailies and the Maple Relay too.

I am also thinking of trying Steam, but I am scared it will make it worse or it might be a waste of time because I'll have to verify the gmail(Yes, it is my account. I know the user and pw, but Google won't let me in without answering a security question that I am fairly certain I did not set.) If anyone here uses Steam, could you provide information about this.

Currently, my Nexon Launcher is open, but I can't get in because I don't have access to the code in my locked Gmail account, which is linked to the Nexon Account. It won't even give me an alternative, such as entering a phone or alt email(this is terrible design IMO).

Sorry for the wall of text, I am extremely frustrated that this could all happen just because I wanted to try something on my other computer. I regret everything. If I could go back 8 or so hours, I'd just go do Arcane dailies or cap coins.

Comments

• NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited July 2020
    If your email is being blocked by Google, you'll need to contact them. There is no way for anyone here to help you with that.

A notification of a response to any open tickets will be sent to the email associated with the account, but as long as you can log into the account you can view the ticket's status without access to your email.

Nexon support can change the email associated with your account directly, but they may require verification of personal information, such as the names of characters on the account or a photo identification.
  • GodofMachinesGodofMachines
    Reactions: 100
    edited July 2020
    Neospector wrote: »
    If your email is being blocked by Google, you'll need to contact them. There is no way for anyone here to help you with that.

A notification of a response to any open tickets will be sent to the email associated with the account, but as long as you can log into the account you can view the ticket's status without access to your email.

Nexon support can change the email associated with your account directly, but they may require verification of personal information, such as the names of characters on the account or a photo identification.

Thank you for the response. I wasn't sure if anyone would care enough to read the post. I'll try to see if there is something I can do to recover the email tomorrow morning, but I doubt it since I have been trying for the past 10-11 or so hours. I'll keep an eye on the ticket and consider the option of changing the email as a last resort.