[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

An idea for Star Force (mainly towards non-Reboot)

ColoursonColourson
Reactions: 630
edited July 2020 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
How bout there's a merchant that sells or gives these coins or scrolls that give immediate success for stars much like ones for Superior Gear, but you need to perform a certain task to qualify for said coin/scroll. First use is easy +5 stars till 10 stars, 10-18 will be +2 stars, past 18 is a certain chance of success, low of course, for 1 star till 20, 20 and on will be a really low change of success for 1 star, but a high chance of dropping 1 star (with no boom). With each increment, the coin/scroll will be more expensive so it'll still be something to grind or whale for. This feature will be an option for those who want to get the coins or go right on with the mesos themselves.

I thought of this because of the current economy and the fact that it's pretty expensive to even bother star force past 17* unless you're an ultra rich whale or have very convenient means of getting lots of mesos on a regular basis to even bother star forcing at all, and the thought of getting months worth of mesos to only lose progress with no gain at all annoys me and constantly makes me question why I even log on at all when all I'll end up doing is just do dailies and AFK without actually putting any more effort to actually boosting my character. Maybe I'm too low IQ in understand how to actually grind in this game to make any gains in non-Reboot, so what do you think?
  1. Will this work?2 votes
    1. Yes
       0% (0 votes)
    2. No
       100% (2 votes)

Comments

• LatemasterLatemaster
    Reactions: 1,780
    edited July 2020
    True that in non-reboot it's damn hard to get any meso and starforcing is quite expensive. Takes about 15min/day for week on mule bossing to get 1 attempt on sf for 15+. Maple tour isn't really helping since the meso cost maple points more than it's worth. but there's not really a reason for another currency for starforce. Those coins would take quite much same time as meso probably since trading stuff isn't really taken into account when you get more meso. Well there's scrolls for 12*,15* and 20* 12/15 are from events and 20* is marvel/philo only (not really worth it) and EEs work, though prot scrolls don't so you'd need nobooms and well 14-15 is 1% success rate so it would cost like 360k nx for 1*.
    SF is actually great system but it's flaw is that gms had huge botter problem back in the days it was created and for some dumb reason they started by making it up to 15* so it didn't really work as meso sink but when they added 25* system they doubled the kms prices since there seemed to be double the amount of meso in game. Now it's little bit too expensive since there isn't much meso in game. And well if 15-16 would cost like 3 coins/attempt and it takes 30min to get 1 coin that would just cause more frustration. And china ms has another currency for starforcing-Nx cash.
    Better idea is to make little bit twists to starforce.
    Remove boom rate
    Add item sacrifices for certain stars for attempt (like 1/15-20 and 2/20-22, 3/22-23, 4/23-24 and 5 for 5/25)
    Add an option to get more success rate by using copy of the item as sacrifice( like 5%-points/item copy so with 14 extra items it would be 100% success for 15-22)
    That way 25* would be possible and basically every item would have some value as sacrifice. (15-25 would be 179 copies of the item for 100% success)
    Also make selling system for absos and umbras that you can sell them to the coin shop for some amount of those coins, that way some unwanted drops could be swapped for something that is needed. Maby rates like 1 abso/stigma coin from 1 absolab item and 5 phantasma/arachna coins for 1 arcane umbra item so you'd need 5 items to swap for weapon or 2-3 for piece of armor.