[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Beast Tamer Whistle CD Issues

JOOJOJOJOJOOJOJOJO
Reactions: 810
edited August 2020 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
The problem with the new hyper skill for Beast Tamer has too long of a cooldown that doesn't match how often it should be used. The whistle provides most of the burst dmg for the class like Instinctual Combo for Hero's. However, the cooldown of Instinctual Combo is 240s and Whistle is 360. The long cooldown prevents optimal bossing for Beast Tamers when their damage is essentially halved without the skill. This class is an all-rounder and essentially provides both aspects of support and dps to the party. By lowering the cooldown of this important skill, the class will be more optimized for bossing. Please lower the cooldown of the hyper to make it useable for bossing META of having it up every other bind.

Comments

• ExtraInfiniteLaimExtraInfiniteLaim
    Reactions: 100
    I agree wholeheartedly on this subject. In my opinion, the Beast Tamer "revamp" didn't help out how Beast Tamers played in any way. The fact of the matter is that Beast Tamers were actually nerfed heavily, like Jetts in their revamp. This makes people scared to try out the GMS exclusive classes for fear of getting nerfed unexpectedly. As of now, Jetts and Beast Tamers are doing terribly both population-wise and damage-wise. One way to fix theses classes is to give us a reason to main it or even play it. Make them at least decent to play so mains have an enjoyable experience. On one hand, the Rise Patch buffed the already strong Kanna to a higher level of play. However, Beast Tamers got the short end of the stick: a 40-50% nerf in overall damage with a 1/6th uptime hyper skill that brings us back to the strength of Beast Tamers in 2019 and early 2020. Increasing the uptime of the skill significantly would solve many problems that have arisen from the Rise Beast Tamer "Revamp". Additionally, fixing bugs that have been known for years would also help Beast Tamers significantly, such as the Meow Card Cat Softlock bug.
  • iArrowZiArrowZ
    Reactions: 1,710
    edited August 2020
    honestly i didn't even know about the abused glitch so the gameplay was the same for me. the hyper skill gave me something i didnt even know i was able to do.
    it only really affected people who abused the glitch . what nexon should have done was remove it before people got used to abusing it.
  • ExtraInfiniteLaimExtraInfiniteLaim
    Reactions: 100
    edited August 2020
    I would say that your statement, IArrowZ, is untrue for several reasons. The bugs, although it was pretty well-known throughout Beast Tamer players, gave many benefits even to those who didn't know about it. Despite you not knowing, your strength in farming(one-shotting or two-shotting mobs) has been severely nerfed, even if you don't know it yet. In addition, your bossing damage has also been nerfed. This isn't a matter of people abusing the glitch or not, because everyone had this specific bug when switching forms in Beast Tamer. As a result of the changes, Beast Tamer has been nerfed to half of the damage and utility that it previously possessed, regardless of whether you knew about it or not.