[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Personal homes

SpareSpare
Reactions: 1,120
edited September 2020 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
I take this idea from many virtual worlds we know to date (like club penguin) which all had the home feature, you could decide the location, house style, and decorations.

However, it won't be like the usual ones we know, because I thought of a better idea for it!

A new skill appears (Go home) which teleports you to your house, in there you start with only one room with a theme depending on your Job/Class like explorers have a Henesys mushroom house and Adele has a house in Ristonia.
(Ofc it'll be from a certain level so it won't collide with Evan living in his parents' house or a character popping into existence and already has a house)
Themes and locations can be changed by purchasing from the Cash Shop but decorations can be either from the Cash Shop, monster drops, and quests.

Now for why should we have it in the first place?
We can use it to strengthen our characters in some ways.
1. Healing is faster at home.
2. Some decorations can improve our characters if placed, for example, weight can increase STR by 1 or 2.
3. Some decorations can have unique uses, like a private teleporter to a specific town or field or storage chest for this character only.

Some decorations aren't for anything but for the design of the house

The more rooms you have the more space for decorations.

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited September 2020
    Spare wrote: »
    1. Healing is faster at home.
    2. Some decorations can improve our characters if placed, for example, weight can increase STR by 1 or 2.
    3. Some decorations can have unique uses, like a private teleporter to a specific town or field or storage chest for this character only.

1. I don't see this mattering pretty much at all, on account of the availability of power elixirs, ginger ale and similar percentage-based healing items.

2. One or two stat points? I suppose next you're going to tell me the decorations expire every x-amount of days and will have to be repurchased.

3. Saw this happen in ms2. After a point, you could basically use your personal home as a hub and ignore the entire overworld. There were even players who designed their homes around portals to the various world boss maps.

It could be a nice addition, but I have to disagree with the way you seem to envision it.