[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Demon Avenger Buff ideas

SloooperSloooper
I really hope some or all of these suggestions gain traction.
I don't know about anyone else but I absolutely love demon Avenger. The health stacking mechanic for damage is enjoyable and the fact your skills use health to deal damage is really interesting.

However after multiple changes to the game with removal of elemental damage, health cap, damage cap. This class has suffered immensely and seen hardly any if any changes. Demon Avenger has really good sustain. But has fairly awful PVE clear and grinding. And has abysmal Mid range to end game range bossing. He lacks lines, lacks base critical rate. Very low final damage and critical damage. However i think a few skill changes will help bring him back to the same level as many of the other beloved classes:

Ward Evil:
This skill in its current form is absolutely useless. Elemental damage was removed from the game essentially. The damage reduction it gives does not affect % based skills either. Right now it does nothing.

I suggest reworking it so that all it does is give 25%/30% damage reduction from all sources INCLUDING % based attacks. It will allow Avenger to have some more consistency with dealing damage and feeling a little more confidence with using our Bleed.

Exceed: Execution and Infernal Exceed:

These 2 skills are fairly weak. The skill damage is very high but again does little to no lines so the damage per second ends up being horrible.
I'd suggest bringing down the skill damage of Execution from the 540%~ down to 350%-400% and increase the lines from 4 to 7.

For Infernal Exceed I would keep it the same except have it be 70% chance for 3 lines of damage instead of 2. It will help with pve grinding with lunar slash

Nether Shields:

I think nether Shields needs to be more interactive with Demon Avenger. Currently it's used to just help with clear and used for healing when our Bleed is turned on. I however think it should be given a boost WHILE bleed is running.

When you have Demonic frenzy? The bleed turned on. Nether Shields would receive a buff.

Such as:

While bleed is active the max number of shields available on the map is increased to 8/10 instead of 4. And while bleed is active. For every 10% missing health you have. The cool down of Nether shields gets reduced by 1 second. Down to a minimum of 1 second. This will allow us to feel safer to have bleed running but also gives out class more of a high risk high reward vibe. The lower our health the more shields we can have out which in turns gives us alot of health regen. But we can also keep our health lower if we choose, so we can take advantage of the extra final damage from bleed while low health. And with the buff to ward Evil. We won't just be commiting suicide on bosses. We can actually deal consistent damage and still maintain our decent 10 second burst ability.

If anyone thinks these are good ideas I'd love to see some positive reactions to help get this seen by our Lord and savior nexon, if any other Avenger mains have other suggestions or different suggestions. Id love to hear your ideas